SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NextSeq 500, High-Output Paired end reads - upper/lower limits for insert sizes? husseh01 Illumina/Solexa 7 04-25-2018 10:52 PM
Bioanalyzer/TapeStation fragment sizes larger than agarose gel cpylant Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 10-30-2017 06:48 AM
New NextSeq: First run. A few issues. hoytpr Illumina/Solexa 5 04-20-2017 11:57 AM
Variance of fragment sizes minhduc Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 05-20-2012 11:42 PM

Old 02-19-2019, 06:46 AM   #1
robicha7

Question NextSeq - proportional sequencing of different fragment sizes on the same run

Hello,

I'm still learning the boundaries of the NextSeq and was wondering if anyone had experience with the following or advice where I could find more information.

I am trying to optimize run space on our Illumina NextSeq and combine multiple projects including 275bp amplicons and 400bp metagenomic libraries (bp not including adaptor/barcode lengths) into one HT run. My issue is getting predictable coverage of each project; the competitive binding of smaller fragments usually means I end up with way more coverage of the small amplicons than I originally allocated space to and not enough coverage of the metagenomes.

Is there a more accurate method to calculate the division of the run?

Thank you
robicha7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fragment sizes, illumina, nextseq500/550, run coverage, sequencing