Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QIAseq FX DNA Library Kit adapters for trimming

Can anyone point me to the sequences of QIAseq FX DNA Library Kit for adapters trimming in preprocessing? Illumina has exact sequences for trimming included in their manual, but I can't seem to find the same information in Qiagen's resources. Any suggestions on where to find them?

Do a google search with "QIAseq FX DNA". Second link in that search should be a PDF file with title "QIAGEN® QIAseq FX DNA Library Kit Handbook". Check Appendix C in that file for sequences.

Addendum : Those are just index/barcode sequences.
    Last edited by GenoMax; 10-23-2019, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Thank you - this is a piece of information I have already: I succesfully demultiplexed my samples and now want to run QC and preprocessing, so I would need sequences of adapters to trim. Illumina provides adapters sequences in their manual (like here) and I can't find a piece of corresponding information for Qiagen.

Comment

The library is sequenced on Illumina system so the adapter sequences for trimming should be the same as Illumina adapters.

Comment

Thanks a lot - I just ran FastQC on my samples and it indeed indicated that Illumina adapters are present. However, it's not clear to me which Illumina adapters sequences should I use for trimming - would it be ie TruSeq Universal Adapter or some others? How can I determine that? Or is it a piece of information that my lab should be able to provide me with?

I tried to run BBmerge to determine adapters sequences but it didn't seem very informative (produced mostly N's).

Comment

You may not have any adapters present if your inserts were of a good size and there was no read-through.

BBMap suite provides an adapters.fa file in the "resources" directory. You can use it to scan your sequences using bbduk.sh. It contains adapter sequences for many commonly used library kits.

Comment

It should be TruSeq as FastQC would indicate. I am not sure but you can try following:

Read 1
              AGATCGGAAGAGCACACGTCTGAACTCCAGTCA

Read 2
              AGATCGGAAGAGCGTCGTGTAGGGAAAGAGTGT

Comment

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses