X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAQ's mapview format to binary map format

maq map aln.map ref.bfa reads.bfq

maq mapview aln.map > aln.out

The aln.out is text file and aln.map is binary file.

I filter some reads in aln.out and want to convert the new aln.out to .map file.

Because pileup command need .map file.

How can I convert .out to .map ?

I know of no way outside of a custom script, and I don't know who's written one.

Alternatively, you could just pool the reads that you want to leave in the set, and redo the map command with only those reads.

Comment

Originally posted by baohua100 View Post
      maq map aln.map ref.bfa reads.bfq

maq mapview aln.map > aln.out

The aln.out is text file and aln.map is binary file.

I filter some reads in aln.out and want to convert the new aln.out to .map file.

Because pileup command need .map file.

How can I convert .out to .map ?
      Why not convert the .map to .sam, then filter, then to .bam. Using the SAM format is probably better supported.

Comment

Convert .mapview to .map

Hi everybody!
        I've seen the post is not so current but I hope someone could help me and answer

I've got the same above problem..that is to have done the alignment by MAQ obtaining the .map file and then converted it in the .mapview file in plain text...

Now I've filtered some reads acting on the mapview file and i need the .map to call consensus and snp calling by MAQ...

Coz the conversion to the .sam needed a lot of time (expecially for my files of 35GB each!! ) and i don't trust so much these kind of "masked" conversion..there is nobody who know how to re-obtain the .map binary file of MAQ without redo the alignment (too slowly!!)??

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
          Yesterday, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses