SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NextBrowse: Web-based genomics visualization and BAM hosting tool. jack_bauer Bioinformatics 14 02-08-2012 08:48 AM
Importing Genome in IGB and Chip Seq data in IGV ayushraman Bioinformatics 1 09-24-2011 05:42 AM
ChIP-Seq: PRI-CAT: a web-tool for the analysis, storage and visualization of plant Ch Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 05-26-2011 02:10 AM
PubMed: SNiPlay: a web-based tool for detection, management and analysis of SNPs. App Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 05-08-2011 02:42 AM

Old 06-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
kumardeep

Default Implementation of IGV or IGB tool on web page.

Hi all
I have aligned short reads on the refernce genomes and these are analysed by the IGV and IGB tools as standalone versions. But I want to implement these tools on my web page so that any user can give input raw reads and these tools give user the result what is expected.
Suggestions in this regard are welcomed.
Thanks in advance.
kumardeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:50 AM   #2
GenoMax

As you already know, IGB and IGV are mainly Genome data viewers and will display data that is pre-aligned to a reference.

You are going to have to do the alignments if users are going to provide raw data reads. This is not going to be a trivial task unless you are expecting files with a small number of reads.

In terms of controlling IGV from an outside application you can find the directions here: http://www.broadinstitute.org/igv/ControlIGV
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote