SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tophat with/without annotation,and cufflink with annotation? louis7781x Bioinformatics 19 04-05-2013 07:09 AM
running cufflinks with a genome annotation as a strict reference or as a guide. maryb Bioinformatics 2 07-19-2012 05:59 AM
Trouble running Tophat & Cufflinks on Galaxy with non-UCSC-supported genome NSher Bioinformatics 2 12-29-2011 07:05 PM
Modification of reference genome annotation by cufflinks/cuffdiff? markr Bioinformatics 3 07-20-2011 01:20 AM
RNA-seq(tophat|cufflinks) on part of a genome: special considerations? brachysclereid Bioinformatics 2 02-27-2011 10:31 PM

Old 11-18-2010, 05:39 AM   #1
darked89

Question tophat/cufflinks for novel genome annotation

I got a novel plant genome in an advanced draft phase and 8 Illumina paired RNA-Seq lanes, The RNA-Seq data is mostly from other strains, and the read lengths differ between lanes.
The goal is to get as many "true" genes/transcripts as possible. Hence my questions:

* should I combine all filtered reads into giant 20+GB X_1 and X_2 files and run it with tophat, giving some rough --mate-inner-dist?

* or is it better to run each lane separately with more accurate mate-inner-dist value, then combine it and sort for cufflinks?

* what is the "good practice" to obtain long gene models and keep the number of artifacts low?

* does anybody have a good experience with some alternative to bowtie spliced read mapper, output of which can be used by cufflinks?

BTW, I am using latest tophat (1.1.4), cufflinks etc.
darked89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:53 AM   #2
darked89

Just found the answer in another thread:

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=27
darked89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annotation, rna-seq