Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bwa mis-alignment of TruSeq Amplicon reads

I'm having the following issues using bwa mem on paired-end TruSeq Amplicon reads. I used the default settings with mem. The top sequence is from bwa mem. The bottom is from Illumina's BaseSpace analysis.

Cross posted to Biostars: https://www.biostars.org/p/153442/

Comment

Any comments?

Comment

So based on a reply from biostars it looks like the BaseSpace reads have been trimmed. Now I just need to understand how they trimmed it. This is desirable since my alignment has led to the variant caller calling a lot of false indels.

It's possible that Illumina is trimming the reads based on the regions in their manifest file. If I could do the same then maybe I could get the reads I'm looking for.

Comment

You are likely doing an apples to oranges comparison (especially since you don't know the complete details of how BaseSpace analysis is being done). BaseSpace is also likely using isaac/isaac2 for the alignments (or do you know that they are using bwa).

What is it that you are trying to do? Replicate BaseSpace analysis locally (with same software/parameters)?

Comment

Is it even the same data? The reads appear to be different lengths.

Comment

The reads are from the same fastqs. I'm just trying to figure out why my alignment is looking so messy when the TruSeq Amplicon stuff is supposed to have strictly sized blocks of reads. It is possible they are using the isaac aligner so I'll have to do more tinkering to figure out what is going on.
              I'm doing this to move my BaseSpace analyses in-house using bcbio-nextgen.

Comment

Originally posted by idedios View Post
                I'm doing this to move my BaseSpace analyses in-house using bcbio-nextgen.
                Is this what you are planning to use: https://github.com/chapmanb/bcbio-nextgen? Does not seem to include a trimming program at first glance (which you should plan to include).

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                  Is this what you are planning to use: https://github.com/chapmanb/bcbio-nextgen? Does not seem to include a trimming program at first glance (which you should plan to include).
                  Yeah this is exactly what I am using. I could ask Brad Chapman about a trimming program.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses