SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Large DNA fragments after ChIP on histone modifications MGineste Sample Prep / Library Generation 15 11-26-2018 03:19 PM
Home-made ABi SOLiD Total RNA-Seq ?? dcyounge RNA Sequencing 5 04-03-2012 04:39 AM
how to prepare home-made adapters ? chromatin Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 12-26-2010 01:13 AM
LIMS Made Freely Available to DNA Barcoding Community Geneious Vendor Forum 0 12-07-2010 10:10 AM
Fitting a biological nanopore into a man-made one, new ways to analyze DNA Zebrafish General 0 12-01-2010 08:10 AM

Old 04-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
lmc

Default Necessary oligo modifications for home-made DNA-seq kit

Hi,
I am attempting to put together a set of adapters and blocking oligos for a multiplexed exome-capture experiment. I am following this: http://openwetware.org/images/1/10/Geller_exome.pdf
And a couple protocols from Roche/Bioos/other .

My questions are: 1) What modifications are necessary for the oligos that make the adapters? I have seen both with and without a penultimate phosphorothioate bond on one strand. Is the phosphorothioate bond necessary? What is it's purpose.
(There is also a 5' phos modification, I know this is necessary.)

2) For the blocking oligos, is there a preference in the 3' extension block? inverted-dT, dideoxy-C, or C3 spacer? I would like to use the C3 spacer since it is less expensive.

3) For both the blocking oligos & the adapters, what level/type of purification is required? HPLC or PAGE? I am assuming HPSF is in sufficient? How about "QuickLC"?

Thank you for your input!
lmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dna-seq, exome capture, exome-seq, library