No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAST had my ordered contigs being re-ordered

Greetings,

First of all, please forgive me if my words happen to be totally incomprehensible since I don't have any prior knowledge of bioinformatics.

I would like to ask for advise regarding my research, particularly in using RAST.

I am currently preparing my data for bacterial whole genome comparison. I am following steps as outlined from this paper: http://holtlab.net/2014/12/27/bacter...cs-tutorial-2/, with certain adjustments.

My data source is couple of paired-end reads from Illumina MiSeq of S. aureus. I've had assembled draft contigs by using SPAdes and had the assembled contigs ordered against reference genome by using Mauve contig mover. Later on, I've had the reference-ordered contig being annotated by using web-based RAST.

However, RAST had my annotated contigs being re-ordered, which was entirely in different order compared to the input draft contigs, so I couldn't easily plot the annotation back into my draft contigs.

I've tried to re-order the RAST contigs back into my draft contigs' orientation using Mauve contig mover (after I concatenate my draft contigs into single continuous FASTAs), the RAST contigs were re-ordered well but somehow the metadata of each of these annotations was gone, it only showed blank annotated regions.

I would like to ask for advice on how to overcome this problem; did I missed some details during RAST annotation, or was it there something wrong to my draft contigs?

I need to have my draft contigs ordered against the reference and annotated, so I could make a comparison alignment for these samples (n>50).

Thank you very much for your kind supports.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
0 responses