SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NO yield after purification using Qiagen kits - Please help! Turnerac0987 Sample Prep / Library Generation 8 02-06-2017 07:30 AM
PubMed: Distinction of nucleobases - a tip-enhanced Raman approach. Newsbot! Literature Watch 1 10-23-2011 08:42 PM
Qiagen SeqTarget system - Don't go there friend !! lek2k Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 08-18-2011 05:32 PM
PubMed: Genomic SELEX: a discovery tool for genomic aptamers. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 02-18-2011 11:00 AM
qiagen and minelute columns seqgirl123 Illumina/Solexa 0 03-09-2009 04:59 AM

Old 10-04-2010, 03:37 AM   #1
shiva

Default Gentra Puregene V.S. Genomic-tip (Qiagen)

Hi,

our lab is going to resequence the whole genome of a Drosophila melanogaster mutant strain using HiSeq. I found that Qiagen's Gentra Puregene and Genomic-tip are both used in literature for the genomic DNA preparation. Dose anyone have the experiences about which one gives better quality of the important starting materials for the downstream library preparation, sequencing... etc? Apart from the two kits, any protocols/kits that give good quality of Drosophila gDNA for next generation sequencing are all very appreciated.

Best regards,
Sue
shiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:25 AM   #2
cement_head

Hello,

I had the same question. I have been using Genomic-Tips (100) on the assumption that they gave excellent results (quality & yield), but I'm questioning the yields stated in the Qiagen manual. When I measure my yields by Qubit4 HS DNA assay (diluting sample), I find that I am achieving about 1/10th the yield stated in the GT manual(s).

Has anyone else experienced this same issue? Is it possible that the yields in the manual were reported using UV nanodrop, and thus might be inflated relative to a fluor-based assay?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Most likely I've not resuspended the gDNA properly...

Last edited by cement_head; 04-24-2019 at 10:44 AM.
cement_head is offline   Reply With Quote