No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TruSeq Indexing

Dear all,

this is my first post so be kind. I have a stupid question but after days of reading Illumina protocols my brain has ceased to function.

I have 24 samples which I wish to run through the MiSeq, I have a Truseq kit with 12 indices and I am using the Low Throughput protocol which suggests a single index, how do I index 24 samples?

I have previously used the Nextera kit with i5 and i7 indices which made sense but I'm not sure I get how a single index works.

Thanks in advance.

TruSeq Indexing

If you only have 12 different barcodes for 1 index, then you can only pool 12 samples for each run on the MiSeq, so you would have to do 2 runs with 12 samples in each.

Comment

Thanks. I thought this was probably the case and when it states 48 reactions it just meant there were enough supplied to do 4 runs of 12 but I had hoped that there was a clever way to multiplex. Oh well.

Comment

The TruSeq LT and HT reagent kits have different adapter sequences. The LT kits have a single index, while the HT kits have dual indices. There are two LT kits, each with a set of 12 barcodes for a total of 24. The HT kit comes in a plate of 96 unique adapter combinations. This is different from Nextera where the adapters are provided in 20 tubes for you to mix and match.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses