SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to label the proteins in 3D structure? manishbudathoki General 3 10-07-2013 09:29 AM
pileup mapping quality cap and SNPs? MatthewVC Bioinformatics 2 06-06-2011 08:29 AM
Do proteins interfere with NGS or lib prep?? hmviit Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 05-08-2011 07:05 AM
Question about Illumina reads, SNPs and mapping assemblies allcreation Bioinformatics 8 12-09-2010 12:53 PM
Mapping genomic variants to proteins janeela Bioinformatics 2 10-28-2010 01:29 AM

Old 06-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
dphansti

Default Mapping SNPs to proteins

I would like to convert SNP positions to Amino Acid positions in the current UniProt database. My goal is to determine if SNPS are in specific annotated domains (eg phosphorylation sites, transmembrane domains, DNA binding domains, etc). I have used the web based version of PolyPhen2 but that uses an older version of the uniprot DB than the one I am using so there were some discrepancies (~3 percent of AAs didn't match up). And I am having difficulty installing a local version of PolyPhen2. It seems likely to me that there is other software out there to do this. Any suggestions?
dphansti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
polyphen, protein, snp, uniprot