SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Illumina Chip-seq libraray prep temreis Introductions 0 06-29-2011 07:52 PM
ChIP-Seq: ChIP-Array: combinatory analysis of ChIP-seq/chip and microarray gene expre Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 05-19-2011 03:50 AM
ChIP-Seq: ChIP-chip versus ChIP-seq: Lessons for experimental design and data analysi Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 03-02-2011 03:50 AM
ChIP seq sample prep for Illumina athos Sample Prep / Library Generation 19 10-12-2010 09:11 AM
ChIP-Seq: ChIPpeakAnno: a Bioconductor package to annotate ChIP-seq and ChIP-chip dat Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 05-13-2010 03:00 AM

Old 05-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
aperera

Default Illumina ChIP-Seq

What kits are people currently using to make Illumina multiplexed ChIP-Seq libraries? We are not able to get an answer from Illumina regarding when the TruSeq ChIP-Seq kits will be available or what suggestions they have in the meantime. We have tried using both TruSeq genomic kits and RNA-Seq kits with some luck. However, we are unable to get good libraries consistently. Any feedback/suggestions would be greatly apprecicated!
aperera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
JHU-ChIPmaniac

I don't have an answer for you but I'm also interested in multiplexing ChIP-seq libraries. I was going to try the Tru-seq kit. What kind of problems are you running into?
JHU-ChIPmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
Chipper

Bioo NEXTflex kits comes with indexed adapters.
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #4
RNAseqer

We're using their indexed adapters for ChIP-Seq, mRNA-Seq and Genomic sequencing. Heard from our sales rep that they are launching a 48 plex ChIP-Seq kit this month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
Bioo NEXTflex kits comes with indexed adapters.
RNAseqer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
aperera

We are seeing inconsistent quality of libraries when TruSeq kits are used. I am looking in to Bioo Scientific kits. Also heard that they will release ChIP-Seq kits next. Can not wait!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #6
NextGenSeq

NuGen is releasing a low input Chip-Seq kit next month.
NextGenSeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
aperera

Has anyone tried the Millipore's Magna ChIP-Seq kit? We are planning on trying this soon and will share results when available.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:28 AM   #8
ETHANol

Follow the Illumina ChiP-seq protocol, but buy the enzymes from NEB and the primers from IDT (or whoever you buy your oligos from) HPLC or PAGE purified.

See this thread for the primer sequences. http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198

Just be careful one of the .pdf files that someone posts has a mistake in it. You can also get the primer sequences if you e-mail Illumina but just remember to phosphothiorylate as described in the Illumina thread.

For barcoding/multiplexing ChIP-seq, just add a barcode to the end of the primers as described in this article. And so as you would before.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19159457
ETHANol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #9
Arabette

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperera View Post
What kits are people currently using to make Illumina multiplexed ChIP-Seq libraries? We are not able to get an answer from Illumina regarding when the TruSeq ChIP-Seq kits will be available or what suggestions they have in the meantime. We have tried using both TruSeq genomic kits and RNA-Seq kits with some luck. However, we are unable to get good libraries consistently. Any feedback/suggestions would be greatly apprecicated!
At least you got some success to some extent! I'm about to try this tomorrow (I cannot wait more): I am going to use the TruSeq library prep kit for DNA and change the enzyme and reaction volumes to match the older, validated ChIP protocol and titrate the adapter to account for the much lower amont of material going into the library...is that what you did? Thanks in advance for your reply (possibly by tomorrow!)
Arabette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #10
aperera

Just a quick update...
We tried the Millipore Magna ChIP-Seq kit with the Bioo Scientific adapters, and obtained beautiful libraries. We have only constructed 10 libraries so far, and hope to generate more data points in the near future. Cost per library comes to about $50.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:02 AM   #11
frigo

Hello,
I have to do a ChIP-Seq multiplexed library and I would like to have some feedback about using the Truseq library prep kit and the Bioo Scientific kits. Does someone tries these kits ?? Is there too much problems with the Truseq library prep kit?
About the Millipore's Magna ChIP-Seq kit, it's use to do a ChIP and a sequencing but I just have to do the sequencing from ChIP samples. Does someone knows other kits ?
Sorry for my bad english and thank you for your answers
frigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:15 AM   #12
ETHANol

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13093

I'd say go with the Bioo kit as it is essentially what I am doing. The TruSeq kit you will have to modify some, and if this is your first shot, perhaps you don't want to be working out your own modifications. But I would also consider using my protocol in the linked in the thread above as the Kapa polymerase is significantly more efficient then Phusion (side by side comparison in hands) and Phusion is significantly better then the TruSeq polymerase at least according to the advertising.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:19 AM   #13
frigo

Thank you very much for your answer ETHANol !
yes this will be my first shot so I think I'll test the Bioo kit. In a second time I will maybe study your protocol if it can optimized the manipulation.
thank you
frigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:05 AM   #14
msheldon

We are using the Bioo ChIP Seq Kit and have gotten great sequencing results with both Chip DNA and regular genomic DNA. What is truly great is that we can finally multiplex our Chip samples...ahhhhh.
msheldon is offline   Reply With Quote