Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another CummeRbund question

When I try to populate the cuffData.db, I am to be using command lines from the directory that contains the cuffdiff output files. I keep getting this in return.

> cuff <- readCufflinks(dir=system.file("extdata", package="cummeRbund"))
    Creating database /opt/local/lib/R/library/cummeRbund/extdata/cuffData.db
    Error in sqliteNewConnection(drv, ...) :
    RS-DBI driver: (could not connect to dbname:

I also get the same error message when I use the cuff_data <- readCufflinks('diff_out')

Could it be that the working directory is not the one that has the cuffdiff output files.
    Please help

Originally posted by godzilla07 View Post
    When I try to populate the cuffData.db, I am to be using command lines from the directory that contains the cuffdiff output files. I keep getting this in return.

> cuff <- readCufflinks(dir=system.file("extdata", package="cummeRbund"))
    Creating database /opt/local/lib/R/library/cummeRbund/extdata/cuffData.db
    Error in sqliteNewConnection(drv, ...) :
    RS-DBI driver: (could not connect to dbname:

I also get the same error message when I use the cuff_data <- readCufflinks('diff_out')

Could it be that the working directory is not the one that has the cuffdiff output files.
    Please help
    Can you confirm that you have write permissions to this directory?

-Loyal

Comment

CummeRbund

Hi Loyal. I did have write permissions to the directory but I had to use the path to the directory to create cuff_data. I have other problems though which you may help. My RNAseq expt consists of 3 time points which each time point has a control and the experimental condition used. I did a pair wise Cuffdiff for each time point and also created a table of significantly expressed genes for each time point. These are the diff_genes.txt. I don't know how to cluster all of the significant FPKMs of the time points into a single heat map. Also a more simpler question is how to save the plot outputs? I can screen capture the plots but they lose resolution this way. Any suggestions?

Regards,
      David Kowbel

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
        Yesterday, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses