No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tophat 1.3 beta version

Hi,

Did anybody here try to use the lastest tophat 1.3.0 version? I downloaded their Linux x86_64 binary file and installed it in my 64bit redhat Linux box. When I tested the installation using the test_data based on their manual, I got an error message "Permission denied" when tophoat "Checking for Bowtie". I am sure Bowtie is in my PATH.

I tried to download their source codes, compiled, and installed by following their installation guide, I got the same error message when running the test_data.

After several frustrating trials, I downloaded and installed their x86_64 Linux binary file of the old tophat 1.2.0 from their website. I did NOT get the error message any more when I run the test_data and my own illumina RNA-seq data.

If anybody here successfully installed and used the last version 1.3.0 in 64bit linux machine, I would greatly appreciate if you could share your solution.

when you type bowtie , will it run?

One simple fix maybe to put bowtie binary to under the same folder as tophat.

chmod 755 your_path_to/bowtie

Comment

Hi Ishen,

Thank you very much.

I used bowtie alone for my sequence analysis. It worked great.

I put bowtie and tophat binary file in one fold as you suggested. It works now.

Wish the tophat team could fix the problem in the future.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses