No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is SRA format to vcf conversion possible

Hi,

I am new to SRA format. Can anyone give me an introduction.
    I wanted to convert SRA format to vcf format.
    I have checked in SRAToolkit. It does not support direct conversion of SRA to VCF. One option i am having is that first i have to convert to fastaq and then to SAM/BAM and then i should call variants.

Can anyone please help me?

This is correct. The SRA data is converted to FASTQ. Then you must map the FASTQ data to a reference genome and once you have done this, you can generate a VCF using a variant caller.

Comment

Hi,

I generated the SAM file using bowtie version0.12.7 but i am not able to generate a proper bcf file.BCF file is genertaed within 2 minutes and normally it will take time.The commands i gave is

time ./fastq-dump SRR068289.sra

I have falidated the fastaq using fastaqvalidator and it was successful

time ./bowtie -k 2 -v 2 hg19 -q /store/data/amruta/sratoolkit.2.1.8-centos_linux64/12JAN/SRR068289.fastq -S > /store/data/amruta/sratoolkit.2.1.8-centos_linux64/12JAN/bowtie1-amruta.sam

From sam file bam was generated and using samtools bcf and vcf were generated
      ./samtools view -bS bowtie1-amruta.sam > bowtie1-amruta.sam
      my.flt.vcf
      samtools sort filename.bam sorted
      samtools faidx input.reference.fa
      samtools index sortedhg19.bam
      samtools mpileup -d 8000 -uf input.reference.fa my.sortedhg19.bam | bcftools view -bvcg -> my.raw.bcf
      bcftools view my.raw.bcf | perl vcfutils.pl varFilter -D8000 > my.flt.vcf

My fastaq file is a huge in size.So i tried with bowtie 2 beta version.But i am not able to run bowtie2

./bowtie2 -x hg19 -u file.fataq -S out.sam

The error was "Error: Encountered internal Bowtie 2 exception (#1)"
      Can anyone please help

Comment

Originally posted by amruta.bn View Post
        Hi,

I generated the SAM file using bowtie version0.12.7 but i am not able to generate a proper bcf file.BCF file is genertaed within 2 minutes and normally it will take time.The commands i gave is

time ./fastq-dump SRR068289.sra

I have falidated the fastaq using fastaqvalidator and it was successful

time ./bowtie -k 2 -v 2 hg19 -q /store/data/amruta/sratoolkit.2.1.8-centos_linux64/12JAN/SRR068289.fastq -S > /store/data/amruta/sratoolkit.2.1.8-centos_linux64/12JAN/bowtie1-amruta.sam

From sam file bam was generated and using samtools bcf and vcf were generated
        ./samtools view -bS bowtie1-amruta.sam > bowtie1-amruta.sam
        my.flt.vcf
        samtools sort filename.bam sorted
        samtools faidx input.reference.fa
        samtools index sortedhg19.bam
        samtools mpileup -d 8000 -uf input.reference.fa my.sortedhg19.bam | bcftools view -bvcg -> my.raw.bcf
        bcftools view my.raw.bcf | perl vcfutils.pl varFilter -D8000 > my.flt.vcf

My fastaq file is a huge in size.So i tried with bowtie 2 beta version.But i am not able to run bowtie2

./bowtie2 -x hg19 -u file.fataq -S out.sam

The error was "Error: Encountered internal Bowtie 2 exception (#1)"
        Can anyone please help
        Perhaps the new version of bowtie2 can run successfullly

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses