Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Exome Coverage with Truseq DNA Exome and NextSeq 500 workflow?

Dear All,

I studied a whole exome with Truseq DNA Exome (2x75 and suitable High output kit) on NextSeq 500.. AFter sequencing I got around 46 million reads per sample and 42 million of these were mapped as globally.

As you guess I did BamQC report and got that only 11 Milllion of these 46 million reads are mapped to the targets of TruSeq DNA Exome kit. And I have used the bed file provided by Illumina for this kit.

So what could be the possible problem that On global Nearly 90% of my reads are mapped but in target only around 23% of the reads are mapped?

Thanks in advance

It indicates that on target reads (enrichment) is low and most of reads are from background. This figure for most kits is above 70%. At least one step in target capture has been non-optimal.

I wonder what is the duplication rate.
    Last edited by nucacidhunter; 12-17-2018, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nucacidhunter View Post
      It indicates that on target reads (enrichment) is low and most of reads are from background. This figure for most kits is above 70%. At least one step in target capture has been non-optimal.
      Thanks for the answer. So could you suggest anything with that? Because I have been following the exact steps of the kits checklist guide.

Comment

Possible important issues:

1- degraded or low concentration of blocking oligos
        2- inefficient hybridisation step (temperature, time, reaction composition)
        2- non-stringent wash steps

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
        • seqadmin
          The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
          by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
          02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
        0 responses