Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• appropriate price for a used miseq?

I may have a chance to pick up a used miseq.
    I can see a used miseq on ebay for about 62k, but was hoping to get a better deal than that.

I was wondering what the appropriate price for a ~1 year old miseq would be? Would it depend on the number of runs?

What other information would be good to know?

You may want to read this thread:

Bridged amplification & clustering followed by sequencing by synthesis. (Genome Analyzer / HiSeq / MiSeq)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bushnell View Post
      You may want to read this thread:

http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44849
      Thanks! I won't be shipping internationally, but looks like the recertification costs may be significant, if I choose to pursue those options.

Or I could assume all risks upfront and hope that it just works out of the box and no Illumina intervention is required.

Comment

Ask them if any parts have been replaced - they sometimes need a new valve block (there are at least 2 different versions of the valve block). We've had valve blocks and servo motors replaced on ours.

Talk to Illumina about what it will cost for servicing, replacement parts and/or service contracts.

Comment

Illumina is the sole provider of reagents/spares without which the MiSeq would be an expensive doorstop. As has been already suggested, find out who your local illumina FAS/sales team are and check with them about certification costs/contracts etc.

You would want to have a minimum maintenance contract and complete a re-certification (optics can be messed up even if the move is just across the hall/town) before you start using the instrument for critical research.

Comment

I'd recommend that you contact Illumina directly to get a quote for the shipping process end-to-end (which they will do) and factor that into the price you are willing to pay.

They will prepare the instrument, crate it, transport it, unpack it, and reinstall, and re-certify. Any damage that occurs during shipping or any problems that are noticed during the re-install become solely their responsibility.

Comment

We have a unit 2013 model Recertified Used Illumina MiSeq 770-490-3265
              $40k

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
              • seqadmin
                The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
              0 responses