No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bam-format: http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.../26/5/676.full

Comment

Can anyone explain to me whether step 2 is correctly shown in this figure?

I have always been told that the DNA you want to sequence is ligated to 2 adaptors and that 1 adaptor of those 2 will bind a complementary (primer) piece that is attached to the glas plate. And then the bridge PCR can start from the primer piece attached to the plate. Thus meaning that the DNA piece with both adaptors will be released after denaturation (it does not "stick" to the plate).

Rather then that the adaptor itself will bind the plate (like shown in this figure).

So if it right what I think, then the figure is a bit wrong. It should show how the adaptor piece binds with a primer piece and then get elongated with polymerase.

Comment

Yes, you are right. Adaptors bind to oligos on glass of flowcell. These oligos are absent on picture of step 2.

Comment

Originally posted by vtosha View Post
          Yes, you are right. Adaptors bind to oligos on glass of flowcell. These oligos are absent on picture of step 2.
          Ok thanks.

I find it a bit weird that solexa/illumina itself does not state this clearly on their website/information documents.
          If no-one would have told me this before, I would have simply believed that the adaptors themself would stick to the glass plate.

Comment

See Bentley at al., 2008 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?t...or%20chemistry).
            Supplementary gives many valuable information for beginners (oligos, adaptors, primers, reagents). For example, how to bind oligos to flowcell.
            Now Illumina use another system (longer adaptors with index), but article is very useful to understanding of whole process.

Comment

Originally posted by vtosha View Post
              See Bentley at al., 2008 (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?t...or%20chemistry).
              Supplementary gives many valuable information for beginners (oligos, adaptors, primers, reagents). For example, how to bind oligos to flowcell.
              Now Illumina use another system (longer adaptors with index), but article is very useful to understanding of whole process.
              I'll check it.
              Thanks a lot.

Comment

Very very useful, Thank you very much!

Comment

Hi,
                  Am a new member on. Like the stuff put out on this forum. They are richly informative and helpful. Keep it up!

Comment

Thanks

Thank you very much! I've read your post with great pleasure. After reading I have a major comprehension of the technology at last.

Comment

I have a question actually a couple of them. Has anyone ever observed difference in terms of nanomolar concentration of exome libraries when estimated by qPCR and Qubit. In my case qPCR generally reads high. In such situations which is the method to go with for cluster generation. Also I would like to know the possible reason. In addition to this I would like to know why there is no qPCR step at the end of sample preparation for exome as taht would tell us the nanomolar concentration of molecules ligated to adaptors.

Comment

A question

It was very useful for me as I was confused how bridges form or over all how solid phase could be prepared . My question refers to the fragments which are chosen with different size!then how can ones know where is the location of these sequences.
                        Thank you.

Comment

Hi, there are 2 things I don't understand about Illumina sequencing:

1)
                          What if two reads attach to the flow cell in immediate neighborhood ? I mean when they get bridge-amplified, you will have two signals at that spot?

2)
                          Check this part of the video:
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"The reverse strands are cleaved and washed away"
                          How do you know make sure that all yellow-adaptor-reads (or green-adaptor-reads) come from the same strand (so that you can be sure that when cleaving and washing off e.g. the green-adaptor-ends you only wash away reads from the same strand) ?

Comment

1) They can form two clusters next to each other. The BaseCalling algorithms in the machine will determine if they are clonal or not based on the signal coming from each cycle and consider them as (a) one single cluster or (b) two different clusters or (c) either one, or the other, or both too noisy to basecall, and discard them.

Comment

I'm waiting for my run to finish right now and meanwhile I'm looking for a suitable software. | Oli Motor Terbaik – TOTAL Hi-Perf | Any suggestion would be of great help to me. Thank you.
                              Last edited by ogep; 05-26-2015, 11:37 AM.
                              ogep.my.id | Belanja Di Elevenia Gratis Voucher 1 Juta | Maklon Kosmetik | Oli Motor Terbaik – TOTAL Hi-Perf |
                              Oli Mobil Terbaik di Indonesia – TOTAL Quartz

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                  by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                  02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                                0 responses