SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Get Protein Sequences fasta file by using Entrez Gene Ids kurban910 Bioinformatics 2 07-03-2015 10:30 AM
Searching for protein in fasta file thh32 Bioinformatics 1 10-21-2014 12:16 AM
rnaseq sam file visualize against the original fasta genome assembly antoza Introductions 6 02-06-2014 05:51 AM
how to use the *.bam data to get the fasta file fay1313 RNA Sequencing 2 08-19-2013 11:09 PM
RNASeq paired-end strand specific attribute location in FASTA file mknut Bioinformatics 2 12-06-2012 09:44 AM

Old 01-12-2019, 02:13 AM   #1
pauli.pauli

Default Getting protein fasta from RNAseq BAM file (human) paying attention on repeats

Hi everybody,

I have several RNAseq BAM files (mapped with BWA and GATK IndelRealigner) of cancer patients of which I should compare if there any copynumber in repeats appeared (whole transcriptome). I need to find a pipeline to find repeats in with our repeat detection software which needs FASTA and protein sequences as input.

Now I would like to have each patient's personal transcriptome as Fasta format which I could only feed to our software. What do I do now? For example, can I use Blastx, which compares directly to a reference proteome? Does this pay attention to the reading-frame? How do I get a Fasta output with each protein? In this pipeline, it is important to pay special attention to repeats that deviate from the reference.

Many thanks for your help!
pauli.pauli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bam, fasta, rnaseq, translation