Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best protein tag for ChIP

Anybody have any experience with protein affinity tags for ChIP in human cells. I've tried FLAG-M2 and it gives a lot of background. I also tried the STrEP II-tag and it also gives a lot of background. I'm expressing my protein from a weak promoter so background is more of an issue then using something like a CMV promoter.

Is there an affinity tag that works really well for ChIP?
    --------------
    Ethan

If background is an issue you can tag with a biotin acceptor site, co-express the biotin ligase BirA and then IP with streptavidin beads which allows you to use a very strong wash.

Comment

I'm using the STrEP II tag/Sterptactin and I either get lots of background or no signal. Streptactin also binds biotinylated proteins. The ChIP works great with antibodies to my protein but I can't get it to work with tagged versions that are not over-expressed. Is the Bio tag better then the STrEP tag for ChIP? Have you tried it with proteins expressed at low levels?
      --------------
      Ethan

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses