SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Software Engineer, Informatics & Bio-computing eandrade Academic/Non-Profit Jobs 0 10-03-2011 11:43 AM
Bio-informatics student abakelaar Introductions 5 07-28-2011 12:17 AM
[ sequence alignments, big data, bio informatics ] x [ programming and UI design ] delinquentme Bioinformatics 1 07-04-2011 08:54 PM
Prostate Team Lead, Informatics & Bio-computing, ICGC eandrade Academic/Non-Profit Jobs 0 12-20-2010 05:54 AM
Sequencing platform grid Zigster Wiki Discussion 2 05-02-2010 02:16 PM

Old 08-16-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
malikmjunaid

Default Bio Informatics Workflows and the Grid

Dear All,

I am looking for a workflow that is compute and data intensive and also real world. So i searched the Internet and came across applictions of bio informatics and gene sequencing, Which i found that it might be something what i am looking for.
also i wanted some workflow which can have some variation from its generic to more specific form.

I figured out after having read the NGS, that i can use different free or proprietary applications for each of the steps in the workflow, ie- for reading , alignment and analysis.

Also because each of the activity is huge and data intensive so i can do the activity in parallel by splitting the data that is to be processed.

Can you guys please help me with my objective??
if i want to do this experiment at the Austrian Grid what software i will need and where do i get these software and the datasets to be used as input data.

kind regards
Old 08-16-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
ohofmann

Your best bet would probably collaborating with local researchers in the NGS space; also not quite sure what your objectives are -- test drive a grid environment?
ohofmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compute intensive, data intensive, grid, workflow