No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FindPeaks is now OpenSource!

Hi All,

I'm very happy to announce that the FindPeaks application for ChIP-Seq and wig file creation is now available under the GPL, along with several other utilities for short read analysis, under the name of Vancouver Short Read Package. I'd like to encourage people to contribute to the development of the software by making suggestions for future features, testing out developed features or by contributing code and enhancing the features already there.

While the environment is still "under construction" at sourceforge, some things have already been set up:

Mailing lists are available to discuss the software, as well as to follow along with commits being made:

http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=232586

The source code can be checked out from the repository (Unix name is vancouvershortr).

And Bugs can be filed against the software.

I should be clear that the version available on the web is about midpoint between the released version (3.1.9.2) and the future version 4.0. I would consider this a pre-alpha, or developers version, which may not be for everyone. (It includes work in progress on at least two new methods of FDR calculation, an interpreter for MAQ .map files, bed files and several other features.)

There will also be a wiki, although there is no content there, at the moment. I will post the 3.1.9.2 manual at that location, and begin updating it to reflect the current changes that have already been undertaken.

Cheers!

Anthony
    The more you know, the more you know you don't know. —Aristotle

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses