No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• color key KEGG views

Hello,
    What's the exact meaning of color spectra in pathview R package?
    I used the "pathview" function on a list of gene IDs, everything is ok but i can't interpret the colors in the resulted graph.

in the function help, i have this :
    low, mid, high each:
    is a list of two colors with "gene" and "cpd" as the names. This argument
    specifies the color spectra to code gene.data and cpd.data. When data are 1
    directional (TRUE value in both.dirs), only mid and high are used to specify the
    color spectra. Default spectra (low-mid-high) "green"-"gray"-"red" and "blue"-
    "gray"-"yellow" are used for gene.data and cpd.data respectively. The values for
    ’low, mid, high’ can be given as color names (’red’), plot color index (2=red),
    and HTML-style RGB, ("\#FF0000"=red)

link:

just wanted to know what does it means when i have "high" (red color) in my graph
    sorry if it seems to be stupid question for some of you

cheers
    Samad
    Last edited by samad; 02-17-2015, 06:22 AM.

Data values are visualized as pseudo colors on pathway graphs. There is usually 1 or 2 color keys (spectra) to show you the mapping between colors and values. Colors in this spectrum can be specified by the users. Arguments-low, mid, high, are used to specify the colors used for lowest, middle and highest data values. If you look at the color keys on the top right corner of the example graphs on the page below (or in the tutorial), you will see it:

BTW, you may want to post your question on the bioinformatics forum instead of general forum next time:
    Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses