Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The GATK has a new website and forum!

The new GATK website, released in parallel with GATK version 2.0 (beta) features a much improved documentation system and user-friendly introductory materials for new users. Also, the forum is now integrated into the website and linked to the documentation, making it much easier to refer to the docs in forum discussions and find relevant information.

If you hated the old Wiki, you're going to love this.

http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk/

I like it! Can't wait till you guys load the guide...

Comment

Working on it as we speak

Comment

Is the GSA public FTP server up yet?

Comment

Yes the FTP is up, that hasn't changed. See this thread for instructions:

If you have any trouble accessing it, let us know in the GATK forum.

Comment

The guide looks great. This is a really nice website!

Comment

Thanks, glad you like it! We're still working on migrating the knowledge base from the old wiki and refining the search/content linking features, so be sure to check back often.

Of course we welcome all feedback, suggestions and constructive criticism; the website is for all of you, so it helps if you tell us how we can make it better.

Comment

I have always liked changes and improvement, However You are messing up something in GATK web page, The page of instructions for best practice is no where matching to your download version. I spend several hrs and discussed with my more educated colleagues and this mess is there. Sorry

Comment

Hi there,

I apologize if you've had trouble finding the Best Practices page. These past few days we were installing new features which caused some intermittent breakdowns in service for the Guide pages. These are growing pains that will not persist once we are out of beta status.

The latest version of the Best Practices are now restored at

If you ever have such troubles again please post a message in the GATK forum. During EST business hours we usually respond almost immediately if it is a simple question or problem, and we can save you hours of frustration.

Thank you for your patience while we sort out these initial difficulties, and please check back often!

Comment

Gatk

I guess I will post one more question here- What I am trying to say is

explain GATK version 4 release 2.0, However when I download GATK from

The release is 2.0 but version is different so I believe instructions are different.
                    I download Download GATK2.0 not Download queue

Am I missing something??

Thanks for your quick response.
                    Last edited by honey; 08-04-2012, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Oh, that's an interesting misunderstanding, I'm glad you asked because we need to make that clearer. What you are seeing is version 4 of the Best Practices document, which applies to GATK 2.0 (any release number).

Does that help? We will try to name things more clearly in order to avoid this confusion in future.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
                      0 responses