SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fusion Hunter for Finding Fusion genes alvarani Bioinformatics 3 07-20-2015 08:21 AM
Fusion-gene finding (in search for THE read-length) ljq Bioinformatics 1 05-12-2014 01:37 AM
Finding common genomic regions... milesgr Bioinformatics 0 03-27-2013 05:54 AM
Finding *new* regions of DNA in genome assemblies green tree De novo discovery 5 02-20-2012 02:19 PM
Finding regions of enriched sequence tags droog_22 Bioinformatics 0 01-09-2012 07:09 AM

Old 07-06-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
rahilsethi

Default ViralFusionSeq not finding human-virus fusion regions

I ran ViralFusionSeq, first on test dataset, given with the software package. I took one the contig assembly sequence generated by tool in the final contig output file. The contig sequence showed BLAST hits with human and hbv virus. I repeated the same procedure with HIV and human, on sample where I manually found clipped sequences that are shared between the two genomes. I then BLAST aligned contig sequences to both human and HIV virus. They only map to HIV. Why am I seeing this? The run was fine without any error reported. The data was DNASeq so I didn't provide any ORF, because I wanted to see all HIV-human integration regions, not only at specific ORF regions.

viral.fusion.pl --config vfs.conf --thread 8 sample_name sample_trim_1.fq sample_trim2.fq

Has anyone noticed such output?
Attached Files
File Type: txt vfs.conf.txt (3.3 KB, 0 views)
rahilsethi is offline   Reply With Quote