Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• export2sam.pl was developed when CASAVA was not formally released (GApipeline<1.0). I do not have access to export files any more and I cannot fix the problem. Is anyone interested in maintaining this script? Thanks in advance.

In addition, I would also recommend to remap your reads with bwa/novoalign if you have the capacity. I am not familiar with the latest version of eland. But the old version was not as accurate as the best 3rd-party aligners.

Comment

• can someone please help me with this error in BWA/Samtools:

[samopen] SAM header is present: 89 sequences.
      [sam_read1] reference '29118' is recognized as '*'.
      Parse error at line 3165090: sequence and quality are inconsistent
      /opt/gridengine/default/spool/compute-0-6/job_scripts/204180: line 20: 20739 Aborted (core dumped) /share/apps/samtools/samtools view -bS Tso7_Lib1_CTAG_aln.sam >Tso7_Lib1_CTAG_aln.bam
      [bam_sort_core] truncated file. Continue anyway.

sorry I am new at this.

Comment

• @kjngo

This is a known bug in bwa (not samtools). Please check out the latest SVN with:

svn co https://bio-bwa.svn.sourceforge.net/...-bwa/trunk/bwa bwa

Comment

• Thank you Li Heng and Kmcarr.
          I did not pay attention to the slight difference of s_N_export.txt and s_N_sorted.txt.

I will try to modify export2sam to sorted2same, hope i could find time to do so.

We are happy to the result of eland (illumina pipeline 1.5) that mapped 72.46% of unique mapped reads, while maq mapped 62.71% of unique mapped reads with the same setting of allowing at most 2 mismatches.

Comment

• Thank you lh3

Comment

• Just modified a few lines of export2sam.pl to the new script sorted2sam.pl
              sorted2sam.pl works very well to process S_N_sorted.txt (eland alignment) for single reads.
              I did not test to it to parse paired end reads. It may not work well.

If someone wants to the script, please send email to [email protected]

Thank everyone for giving me some help.

By the way, i am going to the Illumina user symposim in April 27-29 in spain. I may meet someone of you there.

Comment

• Maq2Sam not working propertly?

Hello,

I ran the script Maq2Sam on my mapping files and the pileup file coming from the sam file is not even as close (in size and number of bases assembled) as the maq pileup file.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Or maybe another way to go from Map. files from maq to samtools?

Thanks,

Comment

• Hi lh3,

Does SAMtools call SV currently? Thanks

Wuhoucdc

Comment

• Try breakdancer.

Comment

• Question about the output of bwa?

I got the output, see below:
                      HWI-EAS307:1:54:758:902#0 20 19641_CLSZ1904.b1_P20.ab1_CLSZ_L._sativa_library_forward_335 301 20 36M * 0 0 CAAATCGGTGTGTTTTCACTGGTCGTGCTCGTTCCG aabaaaaaaaaababaa`aaaabaabaabbabaaaa XT:A:U NM:i:1 X0:i:1 X1:i:2 XM:i:1 XO:i:0 XG:i:0 MD:Z:35T0 XA:Z:13134_QGB27J17.yg.ab1_QGB_L._sativa_library_forward_448,-58,36M,2;7061_CLS_S3_Contig6993_CLS_S3_L._sativa_library_forward_968,-404,36M,2;

I can not understand the flag value 20. I used "samse" to process single reads.
                      "XT:A:U" indicates the read uniquely mapped to the reference, why i still got XA for alternative alignment inforamtion?
                      It is confused me. Someone could help me a bit for that? Thank you very much

Comment

• This read is mapped to the junction between two adjacent reference, so it gets an "unmapped" flag.

Comment

• I think, "4" is the "unmapped" flag, is it right?

What is difference between flag 4 and 20?

Thank you very much.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSTbioinformatics View Post
                            I think, "4" is the "unmapped" flag, is it right?

What is difference between flag 4 and 20?

Thank you very much.
                            Use the "-X" option in "samtools view", it will probably help your interpretation of the FLAG field.

Comment

• pick chromosome before bam sort?

A newbie question:
                              I can view by chromosome after a .bam file is sorted and indexed. Is it possible to extract by a chromosome number from the bam file and then do sorting and indexing? It will save time if I'm only interested in certain chromosomes and have many samples.

Thanks.

Comment

• Hi,

I have few queries about samtools.

1. I am using eland mapping output and start using export2sam.pl. All the PF reads from export are being used for down stream analysis.
                                2. How the uniquely mapped and multiple mapped are hadled during pileup command?
                                3. The extended CIGAR column always shows 35M (ie the length of the read). How did the mismatch information would be incorporated? The column 15 of export contains the match descriptor information.

Thanks.
                                Last edited by seq_GA; 02-28-2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                                0 responses