No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get complete protein sequence

Hi all,

Could you please let me know how I can download the complete protein sequence of some plant species from ncbi, or anywhere that you suggest? Sorry for this basic question.

See the NCBI RefSeq ftp site,

you can download the plant protein .faa format files.

but that will give you all the proteins for all plants.

If you select the Proteins reaource from NCBI, and put in the plant you are interested in, for example, 'Arabidopsis thaliana',
    you will get all the arabidopsis protein files, and there is an option at the top of the page to save the results to a file, with
    options for format, so if you want the sequences, select, fasta.

Last edited by mastal; 12-13-2015, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I knew this way to get the protein sequence, my problem is getting just complete (full-length) protein sequences of the organism of interest, say citrus sinensis. Please let me know the right way to this end, I'm familiar with linux command, so please feel free to put the right command if there is. Thanks in advance

Comment

If you need the proteins of Citrus cinensis in fasta format you can find the file here: ftp://ftp.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genomes/a...protein.faa.gz

You can use wget/curl to download this file via the command line and the link above.

Genome for Cirtus cinensis is here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genome/?...itrus+sinensis

Comment

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned in the post and my previous reply, I'm looking for only complete (full length) protein sequence, not any partial sequence. Please advise me on this way

Comment

Then simply parse the file to remove the partial sequences (annotated as partial...)

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses