Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to do library amplification using the new Nextera DNA Flex Library Prep kit

Hello everyone,

I am trying to do a library of FACS sorted T-cells using the new Nextera DNA Flex Library Prep kit to perform ATAC-seq.
    We are using adapters ordered from Sigma that have the same sequence as the Illumina ones:

Ad1 - AATGATACGGCGACCACCGAGATCTACACTCGTCGGCAGCGTCAGATGTG
    Ad 2.1 - CAAGCAGAAGACGGCATACGAGATTCGCCTTAGTCTCGTGGGCTCGGAGATGT
    Ad 2.2 - CAAGCAGAAGACGGCATACGAGATCTAGTACGGTCTCGTGGGCTCGGAGATGT

I've already tested the following parameters:
    - Tested different amounts of cells - 25k, 50k, 75k;
    - Removed the final bead purification step and changed it by a MinElute column purification - when I performed this, my Bioanalyzer profile showed an enormous amount of adapter dimers and no library amplification at all;

Finally, Illumina had the following information in their page for the discontinued Nextera DNA Library Prep Kit:

The Nextera DNA Library Prep Kit has been obsolesced. For whole-genome sequencing, Nextera DNA Flex Library Prep Kit is the recommended replacement product. For ATAC-seq and other custom applications, contact your local Illumina Sales representative to order stand-alone components TDE1 Tagment DNA Enzyme (Catalog No. 15027865) and TD Tagment DNA Buffer (Catalog No. 15027866). Illumina remains committed to providing you with high-quality support and service.
    However, they've since made that page redirect to the new kit and now that information is no longer available. Has anyone been able to make the kit work?

As an update, I contacted Illumina and they said they haven't text the Nextera DNA flex kit for ATAC-seq.

Or if anyone has any suggestion of an alternative kit that I can use I would welcome such a suggestion.
    I know I can order the TDE1 enzyme and TD bufer directly from Illumina but I am willing to study alternatives since apparently they're not interested in providing an easy way to obtain these reagents, which is a pity since I want to follow the Buenruostro protocol (or the Omni-ATAC one).
    Last edited by Rosmano; 04-03-2019, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses