SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tophat for filtering of stranded library bnitm Bioinformatics 1 08-10-2017 09:04 AM
strange clusters from stranded mRNA library JBKri Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 12-14-2015 05:12 AM
Weird bioanalyzer of stranded RNA library Palgrave Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 11-03-2015 04:45 AM
What does IGV track color alignments by strand when using non-stranded RNA-seq? Villy Bioinformatics 3 03-19-2015 11:49 PM
tool for checking the stranded vs unstranded library MichalO Illumina/Solexa 5 04-29-2013 08:49 AM

Old 04-23-2019, 09:05 PM   #1
zoe_ward

Default Stranded library IGV

Hi all,
Could someone please explain the "color by first-in-pair" in IGV which was suggested by Jim Robinson in this post:
http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22358

My understanding is if you have used a stranded library (which I have) and you tick the 'color by first-in-pair' then if the reads are red, the transcript is being transcribed from the negative strand and if they are blue, the transcript is being transcribed from the positive strand (as suggested in the post) which I have an example of in the first two images of the attached file.

Can someone clarify that if you have both blue and red reads (like in the third image of the attached file) then both stands are being transcribed??

I have tried and tried to find an answer to this such as here http://onetipperday.sterding.com/201...pe-to-use.html but I haven't found a thread that gives a precise answer and there is NO information in the IGV manual.

Many thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Seq Answers.pdf (135.7 KB, 4 views)
zoe_ward is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
igv, stranded rna-seq