No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does a company graduate?

Hi ECO,

When does a company graduate from The Pipeline, and warrant a section of its own? I ask this relative to ONT, of course -- but GnuBio and LaserGen have stuck their heads above the parapet recently as well.

--TS

When they have a commercial product on the market. The Pipeline says: "Sequencing technologies without a commercially released platform".

Comment

OK, I'll be sure to RTFM next time. But, judging by recent events, ...

Either... This section will be swamped in the near term with ONT-related postings.

Or... ONT will announce the commercial availability of their instrument, allowing them to graduate.

Or... The whole thing will blow over once folks conclude that ONT aren't actually going to produce anything any time soon.

I'll ask the question again in two weeks.

--TS

Comment

Nils is right, but if there is enough discussion I'm happy to start a forum. The danger is that it gets the same amount of traffic as the data that ONT has released.

Comment

When will a forum goes to the graveyard? Seems like the Polonator is dead and parts of it is used in the IBS machines. Helicos is also supposedly dead. Maybe a NGS graveyard forum and put Polonator/Helicos et al to its subforum?

Comment

expect massive graveyards in the next 4-5 years... Only the strong can survive this race for pennies.

Comment

Originally posted by ECO View Post
              Nils is right, but if there is enough discussion I'm happy to start a forum. The danger is that it gets the same amount of traffic as the data that ONT has released.
              How prescient :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ymc View Post
                When will a forum goes to the graveyard? Seems like the Polonator is dead and parts of it is used in the IBS machines. Helicos is also supposedly dead. Maybe a NGS graveyard forum and put Polonator/Helicos et al to its subforum?
                [COMMERCIAL POST]

Well, it's not a forum, but we at BlueSEQ have created a listing of 'companies of yore' called the "NGS Necropolis": http://blueseq.com/knowledgebank/ngs-necropolis/

I'm not quite ready to add Helicos, but it's looking like they might end up there soon. (Polinator is only quasi-commercial, so it's always kind of hard to tell if they're truly 'dead').

Shawn

Comment

I intend to get one of of my own companies up too.. The only problem is, I have not been able to figure out all the complications involved in it as of now, so you can call it that m stuck in pipeline too. Hope to get it sorted out soon..

click this >>> http://www.prlog.org/12063250-wayfai...any-order.html
                  Last edited by Sebastiann; 02-11-2013, 02:52 AM.
                  click here

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses