SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Oxford Nanopore

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Minion sequencing rjlebbink Oxford Nanopore 1 04-07-2019 03:12 PM
minIon for plasmid sequencing CHObot Oxford Nanopore 2 10-05-2017 05:25 AM
MinION sequencing kit morning latte Oxford Nanopore 3 01-10-2017 12:47 PM
New ssDNA-capable bisulfite sequencing library prep kit: Early Access Program swiftbiosci Vendor Forum 0 05-14-2014 07:16 AM
ssDNA - what happens during sequencing? Kerensa Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 03-17-2011 02:23 PM

Old 04-05-2019, 03:50 AM   #1
JasperGeh

Default ssDNA sequencing on MinION without PCR or doublestranding

Hey people!

A colleague of mine wants to sequence a library of ssDNA Adeno-associated viruses on the MinION to get a distribution of their genome sizes and orientations.
To get the size distributions without fragmenting, we wanted to use the ligation kit from ONT which requires dsDNA. He wants to avoid a PCR step though, as to not lose the information about the genome orientations, as it would be essentially random which strand/orientation gets sequenced, right?

Is there a way to directly sequence ssDNA on the MinION? I found nothing so far, so possibly not.
JasperGeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 03:26 PM   #2
gringer
David Eccles (gringer)

Is it possible to do a single cycle of PCR, i.e. the DNA equivalent of a reverse-transcription step?

I'm not sure whether you'd be able to get away with using random octamer primers - it would depend on how the sequencing adapters are ligated - but if there's a known viral priming sequence that can be used, it should be fine.
gringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:36 AM   #3
abbecker

I am having the same problem. I want to feed isothermal amplification products to the MinION, but these are all single stranded and >50kb. And no, I can not use a reverse primer, because the repetitive 50kbp structure needs to stay full length and intact. Any reverse primer I apply after the isoamp would bind anywhere in the repetitive structure.
Any solutions?

Last edited by abbecker; 09-05-2019 at 04:40 AM.
abbecker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aav, minion, ssdna