No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also try running with the --debug option

Comment

wasn´t generated log, I can't even run the smrtpipe.py --help.
      sometimes the pipeline functioned.

distribution:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago).

thanks =)

Comment

Unfortunately this is due to the system - build system mismatch, and SMRT Analysis cannot be easily rebuilt. My only suggestion would be to run a virtual machine using something like virtual box installing a Ubuntu 10.04 system then installing SMRT Analysis on top of that.

Comment

rhall,
          do you work for pacbio? It has a support contact?

It's impossible work in another machine

Many thanks for your help. =)

Comment

I work for PacBio, but not in tech support. If the installation is tied to a machine then go through your FAS for SMRT Analysis install support.

SMRT Analysis is not supported on Red Hat 6.4. You do not have to work on another machine, running virtual box on the Red Hat system will allow you to install a virtual Ubuntu 10.04 system for running SMRT Analysis.
            For a discussion of the options, including using amazon AMI see:
            http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...6421#post96421

Comment

unhh, ok!
              I'll try the running virtual box!

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rhall View Post
                I work for PacBio, but not in tech support. If the installation is tied to a machine then go through your FAS for SMRT Analysis install support.
                That solves that mystery. You had very specific info that normal users do not (and we have had pacbio for a while).

Juassis: PacBio has a customer portal at: http://www.pacbioportal.com/. I am not sure if you need to have an instrument to get access. As rhall suggested you may need to go through your FAS.

Comment

After browsing through the PacBio site I got impression that now the system is self-contained, that is both primary and secondary analysis are done locally. Is that correct, or raw data are still uploaded for primary analysis to PacBio's server and then send back for secondary analysis done locally? That would make it quite dependable on network reliability and the transfer rate, which varies a lot on my local network.

Comment

Primary analysis is done on the machine, the data is then transferred off the machine for secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by rhall View Post
                      Primary analysis is done on the machine, the data is then transferred off the machine for secondary.
                      I guess I was not clear. My understanding was that since beginning primary processing (base calling, etc.) was done somewhere at PacBio uusing their proprietary software. Correct me if I am wrong.

Now it seem all done localy, I mean on the instrument (primary) and off instrument, on some separate datarig (secondary).

It is mentioned that a blade cluster is the part of the instrument, I guess inside their big box, intended for primary processing. Then a separate big cluster is needed for secondary analysis, which is not the part of the package, correct?

I sent a info request to PacBio, hope their sales people get back to me and explain all that.

Comment

Primary analysis, base calling, has always been done on the blade cluster, which is part of the instrument.
                        A separate cluster is needed for secondary analysis tasks, that is not part of the package that PacBio sells, the size of this depends on what you want to do and can range from a high end workstation to a 100 node cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by yaximik View Post
                          Then a separate big cluster is needed for secondary analysis, which is not the part of the package, correct?
                          Rhall has already explained the basics. You can download the secondary analysis software (both command line/web front end) here: http://pacbiodevnet.com/.

Note: Secondary analysis software is only supported on CentOS and Ubuntu (note the specific versions there in). Stepping outside those will likely prove an exercise in futility (i.e. do not try it, in most cases it does not work). If you are running a OS version that is not one of the two supported then consider using a virtual server.

Comment

For anyone still having issues with SMRT Analysis installations, I'm experimenting with a simpler, somewhat limited, install method using Vagrant and VirtualBox.
                            https://github.com/PacificBioscience...(Experimental)

Comment

[QUOTE=rhall;98498]I work for PacBio, but not in tech support. If the installation is tied to a machine then go through your FAS for SMRT Analysis install support.

Cheers for your answer, it was very helpful.
                              But, I don't understand the error message generated, with solid datas.

Solid - library mate pair - reads = 2.159.990.294 - coverage 37x (151 GB)

error log message as below:

[ERROR] 2013-05-20 14:24:19,051 [pbpy.smrtpipe.engine.SmrtPipeWorkflow execute 602] task://Anonymous/P_Filter/filter_001of001 Failed
                              Traceback (most recent call last):
                              File "/opt/smrtanalysis-1.4.0/analysis/lib/python2.7/pbpy-0.1-py2.7.egg/pbpy/smrtpipe/engine/SmrtPipeWorkflow.py", line 600, in execute
                              raise WorkflowError(task.error)
                              WorkflowError: task://Anonymous/P_Filter/filter_001of001 Failed

[ERROR] 2013-05-20 14:24:21,218 [pbpy.smrtpipe.SmrtPipeMain run 648] SmrtExit task://Anonymous/P_Filter/filter_001of001 Failed
                              Traceback (most recent call last):
                              File "/opt/smrtanalysis-1.4.0/analysis/lib/python2.7/pbpy-0.1-py2.7.egg/pbpy/smrtpipe/SmrtPipeMain.py", line 608, in run
                              self._runTasks(pModules)
                              File "/opt/smrtanalysis-1.4.0/analysis/lib/python2.7/pbpy-0.1-py2.7.egg/pbpy/smrtpipe/SmrtPipeMain.py", line 281, in _runTasks
                              workflow.execute()
                              File "/opt/smrtanalysis-1.4.0/analysis/lib/python2.7/pbpy-0.1-py2.7.egg/pbpy/smrtpipe/engine/SmrtPipeWorkflow.py", line 605, in execute
                              raise SmrtExit(str(e))
                              SmrtExit: SmrtExit task://Anonymous/P_Filter/filter_001of001 Failed
                              [ERROR] 2013-05-20 14:24:21,238 [pbpy.smrtpipe.SmrtPipeMain exit 760] SmrtExit task://Anonymous/P_Filter/filter_001of001 Failed

---

thanks

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, are you trying to use SMRT Analysis with Solid sequence data? While some parts of SMRT Analysis may be able to handle Solid data, the workflow is really designed for PacBio data.
                                Trying to run the command in ./workflow/P_Filter/filter_001of001.sh should give you a more descriptive errror.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses