SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OTU from Qiime biom file not showing up in Megan tree? khoojj Bioinformatics 0 01-06-2015 04:11 PM
trimming phylogenetic tree mario1988 Bioinformatics 2 04-14-2014 06:08 AM
phylogenetic tree comparison shedrack Bioinformatics 0 05-08-2013 12:32 AM
OTU representatives analysis in MEGAN Sam299 Bioinformatics 1 11-22-2012 03:33 PM
phylogenetic tree renesh Bioinformatics 7 03-20-2012 08:24 AM

Old 04-20-2017, 02:16 PM   #1
dennymarcels

Default Aligning metagenomic reads (OTU representatives) to my phylogenetic tree ~AND~ evalua

So...

I am working with amino acid sequences.

I got a fasta file containing reference sequences and a txt file giving the categorization (domain, subdomain, nickname etc etc etc.) for each sequence. First thing, I need to construct a tree with these sequences to check that they group according to the categories they belong to. Example: sequences belonging to domain A group together, sequences belonging to subdomain A1 group together and so on.

Then... I got a fasta file containing OTU representatives derived from metagenomic reads AND a OTU count table declaring how many of each of these representatives are present in each one of my 20 samples. I need to align these OTU sequences to the previously constructed tree ~AND~ consider the per-sample count, to check the categories each sample is enriched for.

What softwares should I use?

Thank you!
dennymarcels is offline   Reply With Quote