SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Metagenomics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bowtie2: Merged alignments to split reference /= aligning to whole reference? helloxine Bioinformatics 0 08-04-2014 11:18 AM
bowtie2: aligning multiple input files ksw9 Genomic Resequencing 2 05-13-2013 01:59 PM
Tophat/Bowtie2 inconsistency in number of paired reads BenLerch RNA Sequencing 0 07-14-2012 11:52 AM
tophat2/bowtie2 inconsistency in number of unmapped reads manianslab Bioinformatics 2 07-13-2012 12:56 PM
Please help aligning SOLID PE data christophpale Bioinformatics 2 12-08-2011 01:20 AM

Old 11-09-2016, 12:36 PM   #1
tirosho

Default inconsistency in aligning metagenomic data in Bowtie2

I have reads from Illumina HiSeq, paired end, 126 bp each reads (after adaptor trimming) from metagenomic samples. reads are post filtration against human genome (hg19). I want to filter these reads against all known bacterial/fungal/viral genomes. I doing this step by step, each time outputting the un-aligned reads (using the --un-conc flag).
I use --very-sensitive Bowtie2.
at the end of the process I get reads that still can be mapped to viral/bacterial databases. It seems like the filtration is inconsistent and only portion of the reads are being filtered out, according to there abundance in the library.

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening and how to solve it?

reads some threads here, I though that maybe is because one mate-pair aligns to a database and the other does not, so the paired end reads is passing as unaligned.

I would be happy to hear any thoughts and solutions about this.
tirosho is offline   Reply With Quote