Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was troubleshooting and looking into the error messages and I thoughts Id share some progress, well I hope progress

Looking at the error statement again

g++ -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -gdwarf-2 -Wunused -Wuninitialized -march=i686 -O3 -DNDEBUG -pthread -I/usr/local/boost_1_53_0/include -I/usr/local/include/bam/include -I/usr/local/include/Eigen/include -o cufflinks -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/include/bam/lib cufflinks.o libcufflinks.a libgc.a -lboost_thread -lboost_system -lbam -lz
    /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o): In function `__gnu_cxx::__exchange_and_add_dispatch(int*, int) [clone .constprop.241]':
    thread.cpp.text.unlikely+0x22): undefined reference to `__atomic_fetch_add_4'

I noticed:
    -I/usr/local/boost_1_53_0/include
    -I/usr/local/include/bam/include

I noticed that while there is an include subdirectory for Eigen there was none for /boost_1_53_0 or /bam. What I did for the bam subdirectory was to copy my header files to the /usr/local/include/bam directory. I went back to the cufflinks gettign started manual
    and read "Copy the samtools binary to some directory in your PATH." Would I be correct in assuming that I should copy the contents of Desktop/samtools-0.1.19 to the /usr/local/ folder ? Would it make sense to create an include folder in the /boost_1_53_0 and /bam directories and fill it with the appropriate files ?

The line that Im still trying to decipher is the

thread.cpp.text.unlikely+0x22): undefined reference to `__atomic_fetch_add_4'

I figure it has something to do with not being able to find the thread.cpp in the library directory which in the connfigure statement I defined as : --with-boost-libdir=/usr/local/lib. did a locate *read.cpp and found the following locations:
    /usr/local/boost_1_53_0/libs/thread/example/thread.cpp
    /usr/local/boost_1_53_0/libs/thread/src/pthread/thread.cpp
    /usr/local/boost_1_53_0/libs/thread/src/win32/thread.cpp

Comment

Dave,

Now my head is starting to hurt

I feel that all these problems are because of additional directive in red:

--with-boost=/usr/local/boost_1_53_0 --with-boost-libdir=/usr/local/lib

Can you try the compile removing the second option?

Everything related to your boost libraries should be under the original location where you had compiled boost.

Can you tell me where exactly did you initially compile the boost libraries? In /usr/local/boost_1_53_0 or in /usr/local.

The reason I had asked you to create the "boost" top level directory was that way both "include" and "lib" from boost would be nicely segregated under that directory. Then when you compile cufflinks all you will need to include would be "--with-boost=path_to_top_level_boost" directory. No other boost related directives should be needed as long as your library had compiled correctly.
      Last edited by GenoMax; 05-15-2013, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger123 View Post
        Some additional information about the results got when I build the boost using:

bjam --prefix=\usr\local --toolset=gcc architecture=x86 address_model=32 link=static runtime-link=static stage install

/home/tiger123/boost/boost_1_47_0/tools/build/v2/build/property.jam:328: in validate1 from module property
        error: Invalid property '<address_model>32': unknown feature 'address_model'.
        /home/tiger123/boost/boost_1_47_0/tools/build/v2/build/property.jam:337: in property.validate from module property
        /home/tiger123/boost/boost_1_47_0/tools/build/v2/build/build-request.jam:216: in convert-command-line-element from module build-request
        /home/tiger123/boost/boost_1_47_0/tools/build/v2/build/build-request.jam:153: in build-request.from-command-line from module build-request
        /home/tiger123/boost/boost_1_47_0/tools/build/v2/build-system.jam:612: in load from module build-system
        /home/tiger123/boost/boost_1_47_0/tools/build/v2/kernel/modules.jam:283: in import from module modules
        /home/tiger123/boost/boost_1_47_0/tools/build/v2/kernel/bootstrap.jam:142: in boost-build from module
        /home/tiger123/boost/boost_1_47_0/boost-build.jam:17: in module scope from module

Any thoughts?
        I have the same problem. Any comments???

Comment

Originally posted by twotwo View Post
          I have the same problem. Any comments???
          Can you provide additional details?

What OS? What version of boost are you trying to compile? What is the exact command line you are using? Even if the error appears to be the same it may help us diagnose the problem if you can post it here.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post

What OS? What version of boost are you trying to compile? What is the exact command line you are using? Even if the error appears to be the same it may help us diagnose the problem if you can post it here.
            Thanks for replying so quick!
            bjam --prefix=/home/twotwo/software/boost153 --toolset=gcc architecture=x86 address_model=64 link=static runtime-link=static stage install

And I got the following error:
            /home/twotwo/software/boost_1_53_0/tools/build/v2/build/property.jam:328: in validate1 from module property
            error: Invalid property '<address_model>64': unknown feature 'address_model'.
            /home/twotwo/software/boost_1_53_0/tools/build/v2/build/property.jam:337: in property.validate from module property
            /home/twotwo/software/boost_1_53_0/tools/build/v2/build/build-request.jam:216: in convert-command-line-element from module build-request
            /home/twotwo/software/boost_1_53_0/tools/build/v2/build/build-request.jam:154: in build-request.from-command-line from module build-request
            /home/twotwo/software/boost_1_53_0/tools/build/v2/build-system.jam:613: in load from module build-system
            /home/twotwo/software/boost_1_53_0/tools/build/v2/kernel/modules.jam:283: in import from module modules
            /home/twotwo/software/boost_1_53_0/tools/build/v2/kernel/bootstrap.jam:142: in boost-build from module
            /home/twotwo/software/boost_1_53_0/boost-build.jam:17: in module scope from module

In the bjam command, I put the prefix with another folder boost153. However, even I used /home/twotwo/software/boost_1_53_0, I have the same error.

By the way, I just found the following command:
            ./bootstrap.sh
            ./b2 install --prefix=PREFIX
            from the following web:

Is this also the way to install boost? Thanks so much!
            However, after I run those two command, I still cannot run bjam command that I showed above...

Comment

It appears that boost has not been compiled correctly. Do you see bjam in /home/twotwo/software/boost153/?

The link you posted is the way to build boost. You will need to replace PREFIX with the path you want for your boost libraries which would be (--prefix=/home/twotwo/software/boost153).
              Last edited by GenoMax; 06-24-2013, 10:10 AM. Reason: Clarified a file path

Comment

The OS is the linux. And I removed some of the option:
                bjam --prefix=/home/twotwo/software/boost153/ link=static runtime-link=static stage install
                Then it works. Can I install without the option of:
                --toolset=gcc architecture=x86 address_model=64
                Is there any difference?

Comment

Originally posted by twotwo View Post
                  The OS is the linux. And I removed some of the option:
                  bjam --prefix=/home/twotwo/software/boost153/ link=static runtime-link=static stage install
                  Then it works. Can I install without the option of:
                  --toolset=gcc architecture=x86 address_model=64
                  Is there any difference?
                  Are you using the directions for "Getting started" located here: http://tophat.cbcb.umd.edu/tutorial.shtml?

Update: TopHat developers have updated that page to take out the reference to "address-model". Based on the current info there you can omit the last three options (--toolset=gcc architecture=x86 address_model=64).

See my post #70 this thread. The address-model requires a "-" (hyphen) and not an underscore.
                  Last edited by GenoMax; 06-24-2013, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Are you using the directions for "Getting started" located here: http://tophat.cbcb.umd.edu/tutorial.shtml?

Update: TopHat developers have updated that page to take out the reference to "address-model". Based on the current info there you can omit the last three options (--toolset=gcc architecture=x86 address_model=64).

See my post #70 this thread. The address-model requires a "-" (hyphen) and not an underscore.
                    Thanks for being so helpful! Yes, I did not update my tophat since I already have my SAM files. Should I update the tophat if I only want to run cuffdiff?
                    And if I used
                    1. ./bootstrap.sh
                    2. ./b2 install --prefix=/home/twotwo/software/boost153
                    Did boost install well? Should I still need to run bjam?

Thanks so much!

Comment

never mind my other reply. When I changed address-model from underscore to hyphen, the three options worked!!! Thank you so much!!! I felt much better.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                        by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                        02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                      0 responses