Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@lh3

Thank you for pointing out that this discussion has nothing to do with Bowtie2 vs BWA and I should address it in another thread. I noticed there is already a thread running which raises concern for using mpileup output via bcftools to get SNPs and InDels, and so I just raised my concern there itself. Here is the link: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...034#post105034 . Do let me know what 'awk' command to use from the mpileup output if bcftools is not to be used. I have also sent an email to samtools-help mailing list as per your suggestion.
    Last edited by narain; 05-20-2013, 11:03 AM. Reason: missed out the samtools-help point.

Comment

@narain and @lh3

I tried exactly the same stuff as described by you for SNPs and InDels detection and landed into same conclusion that Samtools misses a lot of SNPs and InDels otherwise pointed by IGV. Here are the details of my query: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26496 . I guess the answer is simple, there got to be better tools to extract SNPs and InDels from BAM files. Have you tried GATK / Dindel ?

Abi

Comment

this thread should be split out into a "shi vs lh3" thread.
        /* Shawn Driscoll, Gene Expression Laboratory, Pfaff
        Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA, USA */

Comment

i use bowtie2 and the result show that the uniq-map is " 24824681 (15.15%) aligned concordantly exactly 1 time",i think it is too small and i will try to use bwa.My reference is maize.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
          • seqadmin
            The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
            by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
            02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
          0 responses