Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MapView 3.1.2 is released!

If you have some suggestions or bugs, please post here! Thanks!

Comment

Thanks baohua.
      Whats the changelog? Is there a command-line version using x-windows maybe?
      --
      bioinfosm

Comment

indels

First, I would like to thank you guys for this useful tool. I have tried it on several datasets and found its performance to be more than adequate. I have one question: I have noticed that the viewer handles the alignments as ungapped even if I feed it with gapped ones (like soap1 or seqmap outputs). Actually, the very nature of input information for the viewer suggests that it positions only the first base of a read against reference sequence, but not every base. So, I wonder if you have any plans to make Mapview to visualize indels?

Comment

Thanks! bioinform! Sorry, there is not a command-line version using x-windows now.

Originally posted by bioinfosm View Post
          Thanks baohua.
          Whats the changelog? Is there a command-line version using x-windows maybe?

Comment

Thanks for your reply! MapView 3.1.2 only support for visualization of ungapped alignment. We will add the function of gapped and spliced alignment later.

Originally posted by garwuf View Post
            First, I would like to thank you guys for this useful tool. I have tried it on several datasets and found its performance to be more than adequate. I have one question: I have noticed that the viewer handles the alignments as ungapped even if I feed it with gapped ones (like soap1 or seqmap outputs). Actually, the very nature of input information for the viewer suggests that it positions only the first base of a read against reference sequence, but not every base. So, I wonder if you have any plans to make Mapview to visualize indels?

Comment

I tried to run MapView using Mono on a Mac OS X 10.5. It started, displayed the window briefly, the crashed with this error:

System.NotImplementedException: The requested feature is not implemented.
              at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUICarbon.get_CursorSize () [0x00000]
              at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI.get_CursorSize () [0x00000]
              at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_CursorSize () [0x00000]
              at MapView.Form1.abmmeKAlo (System.Object , System.EventArgs ) [0x00000]
              at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000]
              at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000]
              Segmentation fault

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

I ran the software on Windows, and was able to get it running. However, after converting a MAQ alignment to MVF, when I load the MVF file, I get an error:

Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

Comment

The paper is published on Bioinformaitcs.

MapView: visualization of short reads alignment on a desktop computer

Comment

congrats baohua!
                    It would be great if you could keep a running log of changes for newer versions
                    --
                    bioinfosm

Comment

Originally posted by lh3 View Post
                      . I know it is trivial to convert SAM/BAM to MVF, but given the large amount of data (maybe >1TB data), most users would prefer viewing the alignment directly rather than duplicate them again.
                      I have to reiterate the point lh3 is making. SAM/BAM format would be great if you could support it, since even people outside of 1000 genomes have generated 100's of GBs of data in SAM/BAM. Also, paired end info, indels, quality scores, complex references, and the ability to add arbitrary annotation and post-alignment "tracks" (maybe interact with a backend database?) would be the killer application.

Comment

Hello,

I'm using Mapview and it works fine. A feature that could be useful to be included is to show the reference and its coverage. Not on top like now, but maybe as a separate feature, having the reference presented as a bar and the parts which are covered could have a certain color (maybe depending on the amount of reads covering that region). In this way I could compare my annotation shown in a GenomeBrowser with the mapping of my exon reads on the reference.

Many thanks

Comment

The new version is being planned. We are discussing the new features.
                          SAM/BAM format will be supported.
                          A command line version will be available.
                          ... ...
                          WJW-Davy
                          HomePage: http://hi.baidu.com/wjwdavy
                          Download Center: https://sites.google.com/site/wjwdavy/

Comment

Hello,
                            is there a way to export the SNP list to a flat file? Like the one maq produces?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake View Post
                              Hello,
                              is there a way to export the SNP list to a flat file? Like the one maq produces?

Thanks!
                              3.1.4 [2009.5.2]

Text can be copyed from SNP list.
                              MVR file can be converted to text file. The SNP list can be exported to a flat file.
                              Last edited by WJW-Davy; 05-01-2009, 07:47 PM.
                              WJW-Davy
                              HomePage: http://hi.baidu.com/wjwdavy
                              Download Center: https://sites.google.com/site/wjwdavy/

Comment

to Drake

<i>is there a way to export the SNP list to a flat file? Like the one maq produces?</i>

I'm using HyperSnap (screen capture program) for that. It has text capture mode, can get text from scrolling windows and output it in tab-delimited format. I guess SnagIt also might do something like that. Unfortunately, both these software pieces are commercial.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                                  by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                                  02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                                0 responses