Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dagarfield View Post
    We've not yet tried this, but I'm considering it -- it sure would be nice to barcode during the Tagmentation step rather than the PCR step....if someone tries this, there's a beer in it for you at the next meeting.....
    I am not doing ATAC-seq but I might help you anyway. Instead of spending a lot of money for few ul of Tn5 from Epicentre you could just order the plasmid from Addgene (ID: 60240) and make it yourself. Then you could all the adaptors you like!
    We have recently published a paper about it, take a look!
    Massively parallel DNA sequencing of thousands of samples in a single machine-run is now possible, but the preparation of the individual sequencing libraries is expensive and time-consuming. Tagmentation-based library construction, using the Tn5 transposase, is efficient for generating sequencing li …

Comment

ATACseq Buffer

Does anybody know what the MgCl2 does in the tagmentation buffer? Does it impact chromatin accessibility during ATACseq?

Comment

I would suggest to look at post #8 link in following thread:
        http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42518

Comment

It seems to work just fine: If you can see your post-PCR product on a gel, you'll have a fine library (in our experience). Some of the runs have more mtDNA reads than you would expect from, say, DNase-Seq, but this is something many have reported (and is seen in the data from the original paper).

In our experience, the most significant issue is simply making sure that we don't lose our pellet of cells/nuclei during the process.

I should note that we're only using the buffer recipe you linked to wash the cells. The reaction itself still takes place in the commercial buffer. Probably going to stay that way unless someone has a method for making Tn5 independent of the kit.....
          Has anyone used the homemade TD buffer for the ATAC reaction and not just for washes? Does it work just as well?

Comment

Originally posted by intregen View Post
            Has anyone used the homemade TD buffer for the ATAC reaction and not just for washes? Does it work just as well?
            Nop, the home-made one does not work as efficient as the TD buffer from Illumina

Comment

TD buffer recipe

Many thanks, this looks great. I'll update the thread with progress.
              Could you share the TD buffer recipe. I couldn't find it.

Many thanks
              Saravanan
              Last edited by Saravanan; 08-28-2018, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses