No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsistency between biological replicates

Hello,

So i am relatively new to the whole chip-seq analysis.

I have 2 different biological replicates for the same protein and i am using 2 controls as well.

For my peak analysis i am using the new version of Cis Genome, with a cutoff of 5, a bin size of 33 and no poisson.

And here is where i have the problem. I have uploaded my initial before peak calling BED files in the Genome Browser in order to visualise them and see how they worked. My BED files look very similar before peak calling but when i perform peak calling the consistency is very very low...around 50%

What could go wrong? Is it my settings? I am trying to figure it out for weeks but i can't. Maybe i am too stupid! Please help!!! Any suggestions would be apprecited!

Thnx
    Nick

Have you tried looking at the duplication rate of your libraries? Although the distributions might look the same in the browser, the high duplication rate in one sample can really mess up the peak calling.

You can check the duplication rates very easily using the excellent FastQC app.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
    • seqadmin
      The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
      by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
      02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
    0 responses