Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTF file for cuffdiff 0.9.1

The GTF file I'm using to run cuffdiff has transcript IDs but no p_ids. Consequently, cuffdiff is unable to make the cds, promoters, splicing, and tss_groups files. Is there a database where I could get an improved GTF file? If not, what table schema in the UCSC genome browser have people used to construct their GTF files?

Thanks!

Have you run cuffcompare on your samples first? Cuffcompare attaches p_ids and tss_ids to the combined GTF file that you can then use as input for Cuffdiff.

Comment

Thanks! I tried using the .gtf file from cuffcompare as my reference gtf for cuffdiff as you suggested. This solved some problems, but created others. The isoforms, promoters, splicing, and tss files are now populated, but the cds files still aren't. The other thing that happened is that there were no recognizable gene names in any of the files created by cuffdiff with the cuffcompare .gtf file. Instead, the gene names were "XLOC..". I'm thinking there is a problem with my reference gtf file that I used in cuffcompare. Where can I find a better reference gtf for mm9?

Comment

Hi,
        I'm facing the same issue with the mouse gtf file,
        It will be good that the gtf of major organism will be made available of the cufflinks page.
        Best,
        Ramzi
        Research Scientist - Bioinformatics
        Sidra Medical and Research Center

Comment

from my understanding, to have p_id you need to run cuffcompare with the -s option. Also no gene names are showing up probably because the gtf that you are supplying it does not have a gene_name attribute in the 9th column, you should try the Ensembl GTF, that one has gene names http://uswest.ensembl.org/info/data/ftp/index.html

Comment

fkuo: Thanks! I tried running cuffcompare with the -s option and was able to generate a p_id. Unfortunately, my troubles didn't stop there. My combined.gtf file contained tss and p ids that didn't really make much sense. This resulted in lots of NO TEST error messages when I ran cuffdiff. What did you use as your -r .gtf files? other .gtf? Also, did you use the -p option? if so, how do you specify the prefix?

Comment

hi kalidaemon,

for the -r, I used a combined reference gtf (UCSC, Ensembl, Refseq). For the -p option, you just used -p4 for 4 threads or --num-threads 4. hope this helps!

Comment

no p_id attribute

Originally posted by kalidaemon View Post
                fkuo: Thanks! I tried running cuffcompare with the -s option and was able to generate a p_id. Unfortunately, my troubles didn't stop there. My combined.gtf file contained tss and p ids that didn't really make much sense. This resulted in lots of NO TEST error messages when I ran cuffdiff. What did you use as your -r .gtf files? other .gtf? Also, did you use the -p option? if so, how do you specify the prefix?
                Hi kalidaemon,

I see that you ran cuffcompare with the -s option and was able to generate a p_id. I tried this and still wasn't able to generate the attribute. Could you offer any tips?
                Many thanks!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses