No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miRNAkey

Hi All,

I am referring to your publication "miRNAkey: a software for microRNA deep sequencing analysis" in Bioinformatics.

I have few questions regarding the output of the miRNAkey. Specifically I am referring to an Excel file for Differential Expression Table. For most of miRNA, there are two rows (for examples hsa-let-7a and hsa-let-7a*), what is the difference between these two miRNA? Also, it generates fold-change value of +Infinity for positive two number (for example fold-change for RPKM1=0.801 and RPKM2=591.740 is +Infinity). Is it possible to convert mapped .sam file to .bed format to visualize the data in the UCSC genome browser?

I really appreciate your help on these issues.

Thanks,

Rakesh

A microRNA is processed from a precursor miRNA (pre-miR). From a pre-miRNA, two miRNA are processed, the mature and the star.

So hsa-let-7a and hsa-let-7a* are processed from the same pre-miR (http://www.mirbase.org/cgi-bin/mirna...?acc=MI0000060).

To convert .sam to .bed --> http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2446

For the foldchange, I don't use miRNAkey..

Nico

Comment

Hi Nico,

Thanks for your detail response. I tried to use samtools and bedtools to convert .sam files to .bed files but I used human genomes 19 as reference. But I believe it might be better to use miRBase instead. Do you have any other suggestions?

Best wishes,

Rakesh

Comment

miRNAkey error

Alignment summary:
        Total reads: 736516
        Mapped reads: 255576
        Uniquely mapped reads: 249567 (97.6% of mapped reads)
        Multiply mapped reads: 6009 (2.4% of mapped reads)

Error message:
        Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /downloads/miRNAkey/pipeline/make_multi_input.pl line 181, <$BWA_INPUT> line 738143.
        Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /downloads/miRNAkey/pipeline/make_multi_input.pl line 200, <$BWA_INPUT> line 738143.
        Differential Expression Analysis summary:
        A total of 2 different miRNAs were expressed in the two samples

its the same error at line 181 and 200 for all the samples ; and all samples show only two differentially expressed miRNAs

(i tried with Bwa.0.5.7 and 0.5.9 ): both has same errors

please do suggest me what went wrong and how to over come this error?
        Last edited by gpcr; 03-28-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
          Yesterday, 07:01 AM
        • seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses