Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Geeting from Ray L

Just wanted to say Hi. I have been working with Next-gen sequencing since 2008 as a post doc at NCGR in Santa Fe. I am currently and ARS at LRRI and an ARSe in life ;-). I have numerous pubs with analysis, bioinformatics and hopefully a couple of nice clinical sepsis data using metabolomics, proteomics and transcriptomic analysis. I am a very mid co-author on the STM carrier-screening diagnostic performed for Batten's Foundation. Most of the lab work was done by Darrell Dinwiddie. I developed a batch processing protocol at NCGR for maize samples, and I alpha tested the early TruSeq kit last year with Jim Huntely at NCGR that was presented at AGBT (yeah - those results sucked, but we learned a lot and the new TruSeq kits seem great). I have some experience with FFPE and the truseq lib prep. I am working on fibrosis and next gen models along with other systems analyses. I am very interested in DSN, FFPE, and transcriptomic analysis. Submitted my first K99 this year and hoping for the best.

Happy to discuss any of what I learned as well as gather advice.

Thanks, Ray

Hey Ray i have a question regarding TruSeq kit. Did you see any biases with TruSeq kit compared to old mRNA 8 sample preparation kit?

Comment

I have not seen any differences. The new kit is a lot easier to use than the old kits.

Since we are not using gel selection any more my average peak is around 300 BP. You get a lagging tail that I saw up to 1000 bases. Idealised libs are usually between 200 and 400 BP.

With poly A selection you are going to get some 3' bias. If that is a concern data from Shujun suggests that the DSN protocol gives much more even distribution across the transcript. However, that protocol is a bit tricky to utilise and Illumina won't guarantee the protocol with TruSeq. I haven't seen any issues - but I am still waiting for the sequence results.

I haven't heard about sequence bias with the MP adaptors that was an issue with the older kits. But I am not the best person to ask in regards to that.

Hope that helps,

Ray

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
      • seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
      0 responses