• Read results explanation?

Read 1 Read 2
    Lane Aligned Error Aligned Error
    1 0.94% 0.19% 0.92% 0.42%
    2 0.96% 0.19% 0.94% 0.38%
    3 0.95% 0.19% 0.94% 0.39%
    4 0.95% 0.18% 0.94% 0.40%
    5 0.97% 0.17% 0.87% 0.52%

Sorry to bother again, is "Algined" means only 0.xx% has been aligned? And "Error" means 0.xx% went wrong?

What alignment program (or pipeline) is this output from?

Comment

Thank you again GenoMax!

I am not quite sure, it might be next gen pipeline, totally new to the bioinformatics.

Thanks,

Comment

It would be better to provide some additional information as to what was done to get this output. In a literal sense what you are interpreting is probably right but with no additional context I am hesitant to concur.

BTW: Those would be awfully low alignment percentages, if the numbers are real percentages (out of 100%).

Comment

Thanks! What I know about the program is "Illumina RTA 1.17.21.3". I probably need to ask the people who runs the pipeline for more details.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
            It would be better to provide some additional information as to what was done to get this output. In a literal sense what you are interpreting is probably right but with no additional context I am hesitant to concur.

BTW: Those would be awfully low alignment percentages, if the numbers are real percentages (out of 100%).
            Thanks! What I know about the program is "Illumina RTA 1.17.21.3". I probably need to ask the people who runs the pipeline for more details.

Comment

Is this output from a HiSeq or a MiSeq run?

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                Is this output from a HiSeq or a MiSeq run?
                Sorry for confusion. It is Hiseq.

Comment

My first thought was that % aligned corresponds to the percentage of reads that aligned to phiX (hence why it seems low). Often 1% phiX is spiked into a lane on a HiSeq or MiSeq and is used to calculate an error rate. RTA is real time analysis software which as the name suggests analyses the data while the flow cell is running. This was just my first thought when I read your post so may be completely wrong as I am not a bioinformatician.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Barker View Post
                    My first thought was that % aligned corresponds to the percentage of reads that aligned to phiX (hence why it seems low). Often 1% phiX is spiked into a lane on a HiSeq or MiSeq and is used to calculate an error rate. RTA is real time analysis software which as the name suggests analyses the data while the flow cell is running. This was just my first thought when I read your post so may be completely wrong as I am not a bioinformatician.
                    That is a reasonable (and possible) explanation.

arkilis: Check with the folks who ran the initial analysis to see if that is true.

Comment

Sorry, Still not get answer from the guy who is in charging this.. Definitely I will post it once got replied.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Barker View Post

Exactly like what you said, Genius!

See the link for more detailed info:

Last edited by arkilis; 07-17-2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                          Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                          by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                          04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                        • seqadmin
                          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by seqadmin, Today, 11:49 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post seqadmin  
                        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
                        0 responses