Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qPCR quantitation

Does anyone here do it to check the efficiency of adapter ligation, and to check the 'real' amount of DNA molecules present for flowing onto the cell?

Cheers,

Scott.

With regard to illumina data, i have also heard people stain it with sybrgreen or similar to check cluster formation before starting a run.

Comment

Originally posted by ECO View Post
      With regard to illumina data, i have also heard people stain it with sybrgreen or similar to check cluster formation before starting a run.
      Yeah, there's a few QC steps that people are using, those two amongst them... I've been trying to get a handle on how many labs use these. I'm not sure if we'll imlement any or all of them.

Comment

qPCR quantitation and SYBR cluster detection

Hi there-

Can someone comment on the efficiency of qPCR to do library prep quantitation...I am planning to test this having designed a few primer sets. Is it working accurately for anyone with a specific size selection strategy and for what preps?

(I'm referring to the assumed applicability of this approach to Solexa libraries, from "From micrograms to picograms: quantitative PCR reduces the material demands of high-throughput sequencing")

My thought is that if I can establish fairly stringent pcr conditions (maintaining relatively good E) for different sized libraries that have a complex pool of fragment sizes, that next level of quantitation would be nice for us (to avoid titrations w/ new libraries and tweek libraries that start with below recommended amounts of template before sample prep (particularly CHiP-Seq).

Also, if anyone cares to comment in detail about how to perform the so-called SYBR method of evaluating the flowcell clusters that leaves is amenable to subsequent sequencing...that would also be great.

Thanks so much,
        Sean

Comment

I'm referring to the assumed applicability of this approach to Solexa libraries, from "From micrograms to picograms: quantitative PCR reduces the material demands of high-throughput sequencing"
          so if you follow the protocol as it is described in the paper but with Solexa specific primers it works perfectly.

Cheers
          Esther

Comment

qPCR

Esther - good to hear...any instances it was grossly inaccurate or failed due to difficult template (perhaps making it impractical at times)? Danke

Comment

I've done q-pcr with four smallRNA libraries and all four gave a distinct band with the expected size and the quantification was very accurate. So far I can't complain...

Comment

that's good, for other applications (gDNA and CHiPSeq) i presume it should be ok if I can keep the size range relevant to pcr and detect when the reaction preferentially amplifies certain fragments. off we go...thanks and cheers

Comment

yes, you are right with the pcr conditions and should also work with other applications.

BTW, did anybody try to prepare DGE-NlaIII libraries with less starting material than the recommended? and if so, which was the lowest amount that yielded a successful library?

Esther

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses