Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compare hisat2 and tophat

I tried to used hisat2 to instead of tophat2 and compared the results. As shown in the picture (attachment) in IGV, there are many grey lines in the hisat2 result (upper one), means many reads were seperated with long distance. But the tophat result (below) is better. I try to add the parameter "--known-splicesite-infile <path>" to provide a splice sites in the mapping step, but it is useless, the same result was got. How to resolve this problem? Could anyone help me about it? I want to get similar result as tophat. I really love hisat2, it runs so fast and can save much time, also it can run on my old PC.
    Thank you very much!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zhanghao; 11-07-2015, 07:39 PM.

the picture

Comment

picture in this floor

Comment

The hisat results do look odd, though that doesn't mean they're wrong. You might compare to a 3rd mapper like BBMap to get a tie-breaking opinion.

Comment

We've occasionally seen some really odd results with hisat2 that looked more as expected with other aligners (namely, BBMap), so as Brian said give that a try. I've begun suspecting that there are a few bugs that need worked out in hisat2 still.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Bushnell View Post
            The hisat results do look odd, though that doesn't mean they're wrong. You might compare to a 3rd mapper like BBMap to get a tie-breaking opinion.
            I found bbmap plugin in generous, so I can do it with geneious and compared them.

Comment

Or just get BBMap directly: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bbmap/ Plugin in geneious may not be the latest version.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                Or just get BBMap directly: http://sourceforge.net/projects/bbmap/ Plugin in geneious may not be the latest version.
                I install bbmap according to the readme file. But when I run bbmap.sh, it showed "commond not found". I do not know why? I checked the java using java -version, java8 has been installed. Could you help me about this? @Brian Bushnell
                Last edited by zhanghao; 11-08-2015, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Add execute permissions to bbmap script.

Code:
                  $ chmod a+x /path_to/bbmap.sh

Comment

Add execute permissions to bbmap script.

Code:
                    $ chmod a+x /path_to/bbmap.sh
                    chmod can not resolve this problem. It is useless!

Comment

my operating system is ubuntu 14.04

Comment

Originally posted by zhanghao View Post
                        chmod can not resolve this problem. It is useless!
                        You need to provide additional information as to why you think it is "useless". Did you get the same error? Can you show us permissions on bbmap.sh (hopefully you replaced the "path_to" part with real path for your system)?

Code:
                        $ ls -l /path_to/bbmap.sh
                        If you are not able to get the shell script to work then run the program directly with java as described by Brian in the first post here: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41057

Comment

Can you show us permissions on bbmap.sh (hopefully you replaced the "path_to" part with real path for your system)?

Code:
                          $ ls -l /path_to/bbmap.sh
                          Yes, I think this is a common mistake. BBMap does not really have an installer, you just unzip it. If you unzipped it to /usr/bin/bbmap/ then you would type /usr/bin/bbmap/bbmap.sh.

But I imagine the Geneious plugin would be easier, if you are used to Geneious.

Comment

Yes, I used the real path /home/lydia/bbmap/bbmap.sh. And when I run bbmap, I just cd to the bbmap folder and type bbmap.sh.

Comment

I just cd to the bbmap folder and type bbmap.sh
                              If the current folder is not in your path, the previous command won't work.
                              Try this command, instead after doing cd to the bbamp folder.

Code:
                              ./bbmap.sh
                              You can also add the current folder to your PATH.
                              To make the change permanent, add the command to your ~/.bash_profile file and restart the terminal, or source the ~/.bash_profile file.

Code:
                              export PATH =.:$PATH

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses