SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TruSeq or Nextera kit for library prep? rooty Sample Prep / Library Generation 12 10-29-2013 07:02 AM
Nextera-Truseq hybrid library prep casey6r0wn Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 02-14-2013 08:30 AM
input DNA for Illumina´s Nextera XT sample prep kit alpinedna Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 11-05-2012 07:29 AM
Nextera vs Illumina Library Prep maggie Illumina/Solexa 6 03-01-2012 07:01 PM
Nextera vs Illumina Library Prep maggie Illumina/Solexa 2 12-30-2010 10:58 AM

Old 08-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
vramani

Default Maximum input material for Nextera library prep?

Hi all,

I've seen some threads from people struggling with the size distribution of Nextera-generated libraries, and noticed that some people mention changing the amount of enzyme/amount of input DNA to skew the size distribution to favor longer fragments. I was wondering what experience, if any, users may have had trying 2-5 ug (or even more!) input DNA with the Nextera kit (perhaps while testing size distributions).

I've hit a point in my experiments where my current input (50 - 100 ng) results in undersampling, and would like to max out the reaction conditions to include as much input gDNA as possible...If anyone has done this, did you find that more enzyme was necessary to properly generate the library? I'm less concerned with size distribution (gel slices have worked fine for me so far), and am more concerned with overloading the tagmentase.

Thanks!
vramani is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nextera