SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PubMed: Diving BAC into the pool with microarrays. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 08-04-2011 02:00 AM
Can NGS learn something from its older brother Microarrays? BAMseek RNA Sequencing 9 06-15-2011 04:01 AM
RNA-Seq: Microarrays, deep sequencing and the true measure of the transcriptome. Newsbot! Literature Watch 1 06-10-2011 10:00 AM

Old 06-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
bio

Default Coordinating sequencing data and microarrays

I'm sure this is a very simple question, but I am still getting a feel for how locations are named.

Let's assume that I've processed an individual's genome (possibly from 1000 genomes) and I identified a consensus sequence for that individual.

I want to compare the sequencing calls to microarray calls for those SNPs on an array. How do I identify the positions in the sequencing that are located on the array?
bio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
nilshomer
Nils Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
I'm sure this is a very simple question, but I am still getting a feel for how locations are named.

Let's assume that I've processed an individual's genome (possibly from 1000 genomes) and I identified a consensus sequence for that individual.

I want to compare the sequencing calls to microarray calls for those SNPs on an array. How do I identify the positions in the sequencing that are located on the array?
This seems like an extremely basic bioinformatics question. I would ask your local bioinformatician or your PI for help getting accustomed to such data.
nilshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
rstarke

Default 1000 Genomes microarray data

In the specific instance of 1000 Genomes data, does anyone know if the microarray calls or (preferably) raw array data are available for download? These were used to validate NSG-based SNP calls as mentioned in the pilot paper. Further, for full project data (e.g. high coverage full exome), will this data be made available as it is generated? Is some of it already available?

I haven't seen this data at the project FTP site.
rstarke is offline   Reply With Quote