No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the same problem here

Comment

This may happen if in previous (erroneous) run Z motor hit the bottom of the moving range and cannot recover. Quitting an restarting the software will reinitialize everything including homing Z motor.

Comment

I just had a similar "Object reference" failure about 185bp into read 1. In our case, cluster density was very low (Nextera XT normalised libraries pooled and diluted as per instructions but according to user, library concentration prior to going into normalisation step sounds low - 1-5ng/ul compared to 20-30ng/ul with libraries I've prepared myself).

Density was only 133K/mm2 which is way lower than our worst run to date (min 700k/mm2). We typically run 900-1300k/mm2.

Thanks for the tip on getting the MiSeq to analyse the data from the failed run, though - user wants to have a look at it although without the index reads I suspect it will be fairly meaningless.

Comment

Did you try to restart the run using the same cell and reagent set? It worked several times, I just used shorter run times and even got paired read completed. The reads have a lot of Ns and low quality regions, but with aggressive cleaning substantial set of useful data can be recovered. My feeling is sometimes BioAnalyzer traces are misleading in regard to average library size as contamination with shorter fragments can be significant yet not clearly visible. That results in a large portion of clusters being shorter then anticipated and vertical focus unexpectedly fails hitting the floor. That is usually signified by steep declines in the signal intensities on the graphs.

Comment

Originally posted by yaximik View Post
            Did you try to restart the run using the same cell and reagent set? It worked several times, I just used shorter run times and even got paired read completed. The reads have a lot of Ns and low quality regions, but with aggressive cleaning substantial set of useful data can be recovered. My feeling is sometimes BioAnalyzer traces are misleading in regard to average library size as contamination with shorter fragments can be significant yet not clearly visible. That results in a large portion of clusters being shorter then anticipated and vertical focus unexpectedly fails hitting the floor. That is usually signified by steep declines in the signal intensities on the graphs.
            I wasn't aware it was possible to restart a failed MiSeq run? Surely it rejects the cartridge and flowcell based on the RFID tags?

Comment

Here is my earlier post how to do this.

Bridged amplification & clustering followed by sequencing by synthesis. (Genome Analyzer / HiSeq / MiSeq)

If the run has aborted during read 1, then reagents are OK. However, if run terminated normally, either SE or PE, then reagents cannot be reused as MiSeq spits back something (backflush?) and ruins remaining reagents. What a waste!
              Last edited by yaximik; 03-18-2013, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses