Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GO analysis of RNAseq Assembly

Hi all. I have a plant transcriptome assembled using Trinity that I have annotated with interpro and mapped GO ids to the individual transcripts such that I have a list such as :

comp1_c1_seq1 : 0034308
    comp1_c2_seq2 : 0061077
    comp1993_c1_seq1: 0055044
    ... etc.

I wish at this point to analyse and visualize the distribution of these ontologies. i.e. quantity by category/subcategory.
    I know Blast2go has such functions but I'd need re-annotate through their pipeline. The only software I've found that performs this is Wego, but this is a web based and max sequence limit means I need to separate my assembly set into 8 subsets.
    Can anyone recommend a tool that will take a contig/GO list and generate abundance distributions from it? Thanks very much!

Hi Ikim,

i fear i do not have tool that does exactly what you asked for,
    but since you are working with a plant transcriptome you might
    be interested in our mercator pipeline
    (http://mapman.gabipd.org/web/guest/app/mercator)
    which was developed exactly for functional annotation of plant
    transcriptome/proteome data.

It will compute functional annotations for each entry transcript
    based on the MapMan ontology (that is widely used in the plant field).
    One of the standard outputs of the pipeline in a chart showing exactly
    the output you want - a distribution of your input sequences in
    functional categories. You would have to run your raw sequences
    through the pipeline again to obtain the results - however, this will
    finish quite quickly (usually less than one day - depending on the size
    of the input data set).

If your data set is too large to be submitted via the web interface,
    please feel free to contact me directly ([email protected])
    and i will submit the data manually.

If you need/want to have GO terms as well, we provide a MapMan
    to GO translation table in our online repository (BIN2GO - available
    via http://mapman.gabipd.org/web/guest/mapmanstore)

I hope this helps you,

best greetings,
    Marc

Comment

Hi Marc,

Thanks very much for your advice. Your pipeline looks very impressive; it runs all of the searches which we use for annotation; i.e. much more indepth than say blast2go. Unfortunately I have close to 100 sets and rerunning their entire annotations for the purpose of capturing a summary image isn't practical at this point. I've just figured out that it's possible to generate .annot files that list contig-GO-EC-Description and import these into blast2go, therefore skipping their search and annotation step, and just using their graph plotting and visualization functions. Again thanks for your response!

Cheers,

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by ikim View Post
        Hi Marc,

Thanks very much for your advice. Your pipeline looks very impressive; it runs all of the searches which we use for annotation; i.e. much more indepth than say blast2go. Unfortunately I have close to 100 sets and rerunning their entire annotations for the purpose of capturing a summary image isn't practical at this point. I've just figured out that it's possible to generate .annot files that list contig-GO-EC-Description and import these into blast2go, therefore skipping their search and annotation step, and just using their graph plotting and visualization functions. Again thanks for your response!

Cheers,

Michael
        Hi Michael,

I also got our annotation file (not generated through Blast2GO pipeline) formatted into .annot format according to the Blast2GO's example. Besides the GO functional classification, can I directly run the "Annotation" --- "Enzyme Code and KEGG" --- "Load Pathway-Maps from KEGG (online)" to generate KEGG pathways?

Thank you.

Regards,
        lzsph

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
        0 responses