Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSEM prep error

Hi! I'm new to bioinformatics and I'm learning the ropes.

I'm trying to estimate abundance following the Trinity-RSEM pipeline. My script goes something like this:

align_and_estimate_abundance.pl --transcripts $TRANSCRIPTS --seqType fq --left MLGY_L_001.fastq,MLGY_L_002.fastq,MLGY_L_003.fastq,MLGY_L_004.fastq,MLGY_L_005.fastq,MLGY_L_006.fastq --right MLGY_R_001.fastq,MLGY_R_002.fastq,MLGY_R_003.fastq,MLGY_R_004.fastq,MLGY_R_005.fastq,MLGY_R_006.fastq --est_method RSEM --aln_method bowtie --trinity_mode --prep_reference

I keep on getting the following error:

WARNING - looks like the prep for /nfs/users/...bowtie was already started by another process. Proceeding with caution.
    CMD: touch /nfs/users/...bowtie.started
    CMD: bowtie-build /nfs/users/...bowtie
    Warning: Empty input file
    Error: No unambiguous stretches of characters in the input. Aborting...
    Command: bowtie-build /nfs/users/...bowtie
    Error, cmd: bowtie-build /nfs/users/...bowtie died with ret: 256 at /apps/trinity/trinity_2.0.6/util/align_and_estimate_abundance.pl line 653.
    srun: error: cfb-smp1: task 0: Exited with exit code 2

I cannot pinpoint the problem and how to solve it. I already made several attempts at this, the earliest attempts involved separate steps (scripts) for preparing the reference and alignment/estimation. If the prep step error remains like this, is there a way to "reset"?

(As an aside, I also what to know is there is any real difference between ".fastq" and ".fq" files. I saw online that RSEM can't handle fastq.gz files and I had to uncompressed them to fastq first.)

I appreciate all the help. Thank you very much!

RSEM error

I have run the command
    /opt/software/trinityrnaseq/util/align_and_estimate_abundance.pl --seqType fq --left /home/sahusarikaiiita/trinity_indu/paired_DerivedRapa_R1.fastq --right /home/sahusarikaiiita/trinity_indu/paired_DerivedRapa_R1.fastq --transcripts /home/sahusarikaiiita/trinity_indu/B_rapa_Trinity.fasta --output_prefix bean --est_method RSEM --aln_method bowtie2 --prep_reference

I hv got the error in rsem
    RSEM is already installed in my server
    CMD: touch /home/sahusarikaiiita/trinity_indu/B_rapa_Trinity.fasta.bowtie2.started
    CMD: bowtie2-build /home/sahusarikaiiita/trinity_indu/B_rapa_Trinity.fasta /home/sahusarikaiiita/trinity_indu/B_rapa_Trinity.fasta.bowtie2
    Building a SMALL index
    CMD: touch /home/sahusarikaiiita/trinity_indu/B_rapa_Trinity.fasta.RSEM.rsem.prepped.started
    CMD: rsem-prepare-reference --no-polyA /home/sahusarikaiiita/trinity_indu/B_rapa_Trinity.fasta /home/sahusarikaiiita/trinity_indu/B_rapa_Trinity.fasta.RSEM
    Invalid number of arguments!

Comment

Hello guys
      You both just change the command a little bit and try the following command and check.And one more thing please place your reference trinity.fasta directly in the trinity/trinity_2.0.6/util/.
      perl align_and_estimate_abundance.pl --transcripts Trinity.fasta --seqType fq --left R1.fastq --right R2.fastq --est_method RSEM --aln_method bowtie --trinity_mode --prep_reference --output_dir rsem_outdir

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses